Anyone decent at GNU Plot?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
So here is the deal. I have a handful of log files from a tool that outputs core to core latencies. Super useful if you, say, run a server review website where you have big chips and multiple sockets.

The output is a log file that is fairly easy to read. I cannot, for the life of me, get it to import into an Excel plottable format.

I know someone who has done it using GNUPLOT but looking at the documentation I am sure it is doable but something I do not have time to learn.

If anyone happens to want a quick job getting me a script (with comments on what it is doing) that can plot these logs, I am happy to pay. I bet we have someone here who is near guru status on this.

Blinky 42

Aug 6, 2015
PA, USA
I frequently will whip up quick perl or python script to massage that kind of data into something that is easier to import into a DB or Excel etc. Great way to cull out the extra info or transpose the data into a format that is easy to graph.

I'm a bit busy today but PM me if no one else steps up and I can do make up something for you quick (converter to use w excel or in gnuplot whatever is easier).