Anyone deal with OceanTech (ebay seller) recently?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

BLinux

cat lover server enthusiast
Jul 7, 2016
artofserver.com
I've bought from this vendor several times before on eBay without issues... this is their store:

Ocean-Tech | eBay Stores

I noticed they're getting more negative feedbacks recently? I have a transaction with them from January where I received some defective parts. I've been trying to get it resolved but their responses have either been non-existent or very delayed and sporadic. I already sent back the defective parts and they have received it, but still haven't received a refund. They havern't responded to any of my messages. It's been going on for a long time now...

Anyone else dealing with this vendor and having issues right now?

immageek

Apr 2, 2020
I've bought from this vendor several times before on eBay without issues... this is their store:

Ocean-Tech | eBay Stores

I noticed they're getting more negative feedbacks recently? I have a transaction with them from January where I received some defective parts. I've been trying to get it resolved but their responses have either been non-existent or very delayed and sporadic. I already sent back the defective parts and they have received it, but still haven't received a refund. They havern't responded to any of my messages. It's been going on for a long time now...

Anyone else dealing with this vendor and having issues right now?
I've dealt with them. I bought a SuperMicro X9 board from them a couple years ago. They sent it out without the socket protector and a few of the pins were messed up. They didn't seem to really care to help it was either send it back or deal with it. They wouldn't even offer a partial credit. I ended up fixing it myself. Personally, I'll never deal with them again and I think they blocked me from buying from them too. lol

Reactions: BoredSysadmin

BLinux

Jul 7, 2016
artofserver.com
I've dealt with them. I bought a SuperMicro X9 board from them a couple years ago. They sent it out without the socket protector and a few of the pins were messed up. They didn't seem to really care to help it was either send it back or deal with it. They wouldn't even offer a partial credit. I ended up fixing it myself. Personally, I'll never deal with them again and I think they blocked me from buying from them too. lol
that's disappointing...

fossxplorer

Mar 17, 2016
Oslo, Norway
On one of their ads I read:
We reserve the rights to not honor any additional request after the transaction is completed, so please ask any question you might have before you hit Buy It Now button.

What are they basically saying?

Dreece

Jan 22, 2019
Cowboy breakers. Like automobile scrapyards really, we have butcher paperboys and we have industrial surgeons. The butcher-paperboy variety are quite common on fleaby, and they all tend to have the same attitude as this outfit. Unfortunately with vast stock-lists and cheap prices, they really don't have anything to be concerned about.

Also due to CO*ID, many have dropped their service quality quite naturally. I got a switch in a box which was covered with the dry sticky remains of what appears to be beer/lager, after seeing that video of an amazon delivery guy rubbing his spit on some poor sods package, I just can't be arsed to even complain about it...

Ordering anything in light of current worldly affairs comes with greater risks from all angles. I guess some tend to lower their integrity when they see the majority of the population being able to work from home and they don't get that option.

BLinux

Jul 7, 2016
artofserver.com
On one of their ads I read:
We reserve the rights to not honor any additional request after the transaction is completed, so please ask any question you might have before you hit Buy It Now button.

What are they basically saying?
I think they are just responding to ridiculous requests buyers some times demand... like:

1) placing the order choosing standard shipping method, with a note saying "please overnight this package immediately, I'll pay the difference separately" ... assuming seller is on their hands and knees ready to serve urgent requests.

2) or, placing an order with a note: "since you have <some other product>, and i just ordered a large order, can you just add it to my order for free?"

or many other "demands" i've seen by buyers without ever prior communicating with the seller...

Reactions: fossxplorer

BLinux

Jul 7, 2016
artofserver.com
Yeah, but there are a ton of other vendors out there that gut datacenters and scalp it on eBay. I'd just move on to the next one. That's what I did for my recent orders.
I'm just disappointed because they were on my list of "good sellers" until now... so now my list of vendors I like to work with just got shorter.

Reactions: fossxplorer