any Z87 motherboards suggested yet?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

eli_singer

Feb 9, 2013
i'm having annoying problems with my current z77 setup using 3770K and Intel dz77re-75k board and IBM m1015.
thinking of updating to the new socket...
any recommendations?

Eli

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
New socket means new CPU and new motherboard. You may want to try a board meant for workstations instead of gaming.

Where are you located? May be able to help. Feel free to PM.

eli_singer

Feb 9, 2013
i'm located in Israel, that's a long way from California... :)
i don't wanna over-budget this thing. is there a workstation board+cpu+memory that will give me similar results to my current setup at a similar price?

and thanks for your reply :)

Eli

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Ah a bit hard. Had an ASUS P8Z77 WS that worked with a BIOS update with LSI cards.

eli_singer

Feb 9, 2013
it is important that i'll have a system that won't have compatibility issues. is the solution really is going for the Xeon option? i could do it if that's what it meant but i find it kinda weird, i mean, there's no stable system in the I7 platform? it can't simply work with a RAID card as it should?
isn't there a list of mobos that do work with this configuration?

again, i am willing to pay extra within a reasonable margin for the workstation solution, but i don't really know if it is necessary, and i don't really know what's more or less equivalent to the system i have now in that platform...

Eli

eli_singer

Feb 9, 2013
ok, and there's no z87 system that is known to work yet? it is a bit soon but if i'm making changes to my system i might as well go for the new platform no?

Eli