Any video geeks out there?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
As STH enters its 11th year next week, one of the items that I want to, at least slowly, start to work on is getting more video content on the site.

My theory is this. Today, we do not have many in the < 24-year-old bracket for readership, which makes a lot of sense with our demographics. Looking 3 years in the future, I think a demographic that looks to video will start moving into our domain. I do not want to be at zero in three years.

Cameras I am trying:
  • Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K
  • Blackmagic Studio 4K with Blackmagic HyperDeck Studio 4K
  • Blackmagic Production Camera 4K EF
  • Canon XC15
I have been a Canon shooter so I also ordered a few new lenses and the Metabones EF to MFT adapter to try.

I now have a fairly good set of Rhode mics and lights as well.

My plan is to try doing more than my once a month or quarter posts and to do some more videos beyond just screen captures. Just grow the ServeTheHomeVideo audience a bit more. ServeTheHomeVideo (almost to 5K subs)

Any other cameras in this range I should be looking at? I will likely be doing 1080 video, but I want at least 4k30 in the event that I want to go that direction later. Wendell had another recommendation. I went on an hour walk around Taipei with Linus Friday and his vote of the bunch was the BMPCC 4K.

Last edited: