Any users here do cross border purchasing & shipping?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Helzy

Oct 19, 2017
I'm interested in building a trusted relationship to take advantage of some of the deals found in this forum. What I've found is, for instance, the tier one vendors will have a deal I'd like to leverage, however, the products are for the most part, unavailable in Canada.

Perfect example, is the Lenovo M75n Nano deal I posted last week with the Ryzen 5 3500u. The only model available in Canada is the Ryzen 3. I'm thinking even with exchange, and of course some sort of compensation for time and effort, it would be awesome to be able to get in on some of these deals.

Or, does someone know of a way to freight forward products like this? Thinking freight forward would actually be an ideal way to leverage some of these deals.

If anyone knows of a service like this, I'd be grateful if you could share your knowledge!

Many thanks!

e97

Jun 3, 2015
I was looking into this for solar equipment but I think the import/export fees kill any potential deals but I may be missing something.

Reactions: Samir

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
There is also Shippsy (although I have been using CrossBorderPickups to date so far).
'Everybody in the club get Shippsy' LMAO!!!

Sometimes I wonder who thinks these company names are a good idea:
[drunk team member]
I got's an idearrr
[other drunk team member]
whatiszit
[drunk team member]
Ship It
that's too simplezz...
[song plays in the background--Everybody in da Club Get Tipsy]
[drunk team member and other drunk team member dance around]
yeh yeh, evurry buddy in duh club get tipsy
oh yeah
ah hah, ah hah
evurry buddy in duh club get tipsy
[drunk team member]
Oh, i got it
you butter no this jam fool wut
[drunk team member]
nah man, Everybody in da Club Get Shippsy
wha?
[drunk team member excited]
get Shippsy
Shippsy!
oh snap
yeeeaaaaahhhh...
[singing together]
Everybody in da Club Get Shippsy...

Sable

Active Horse
Oct 19, 2016
The nightmare experiences i've had with these. 1k laptop ordered, never delivered to the packing station. Tracking showed delivered, Fedex wouldn't prove it and said it had been delivered. eBay said it had been delivered due to Fedex saying it had been delivered. Microsoft saying it had been delivered therefor no money back unless police report. Same for eBay.

In the end i managed to push them all so hard that fedex slipped up and had a rep told me their internal system had no proof of delivery other than delivered, no signature. Recorded that call and forwarded it as evidence to microsoft and eBay. Microsoft sent me a new laptop while eBay refunded the money. Good times.

Last edited:

Magnet

Jan 25, 2018
North Florida
As someone who occasionally sells stuff both here and other sites, I routinely check addresses to see if they are a reshipping service. If they are, I do not ship. I have had issues in the past with these places. I don't know if it was the 'place', the buyer or any of the shipping in between, but the few times I've had issues with selling something, its been these places.

Reactions: Samir

altmind

Sep 23, 2018
The nightmare experiences i've had with these. 1k laptop ordered, never delivered to the packing station. Tracking showed delivered, Fedex wouldn't prove it and said it had been delivered. eBay said it had been delivered due to Fedex saying it had been delivered. Microsoft saying it had been delivered therefor no money back unless police report. Same for eBay.

In the end i managed to push them all so hard that fedex slipped up and had a rep told me their internal system had no proof of delivery other than delivered, no signature. Recorded that call and forwarded it as evidence to microsoft and eBay. Microsoft sent me a new laptop while eBay refunded the money. Good times.
which one of these? or you are talking in general?

Sable

Active Horse
Oct 19, 2016
which one of these? or you are talking in general?
It's completely irrelevant since the packing station had nothing to do with the package being stolen by whoever because they knew it was being delivered to a packing station making it impossible for buyers outside the country to file a police report making it the perfect crime.

Cruzader

Jan 1, 2021
As someone who occasionally sells stuff both here and other sites, I routinely check addresses to see if they are a reshipping service. If they are, I do not ship. I have had issues in the past with these places. I don't know if it was the 'place', the buyer or any of the shipping in between, but the few times I've had issues with selling something, its been these places.
Ive had a few thousand packages/pallets reshipped from US to Europe and it does seem that postboxes/terminals are very disliked.

Just order and put a terminal address its fairly common to get a pm asking why or directly want to cancel it.
But if i pm sellers in advance with something along the line of "Due to direct shipping cost i need to use a freighter to forward this, they will sign for and take responsibility for package at terminal." ive never had a problem.

The one i mainly use also changed to using street addresses and apartment number to look less obvious.

Guillem

Nov 13, 2017
People using these to ship from US to Europe, have you worked with one that is reliable and quick-ish forwarding the packages?

Spartus

Mar 28, 2012
Toronto, Canada
crossborderpickups: ive sent tends of thousands of dollars of equipment through here, never once had a problem. Only issue is new york state tax which makes it unpalletable at a certain cost if they are collecting tax (like ebay).

stackery: kind of pricey to reship, but it comes to your door. located in state with no sales tax! Best for expensive small items to save the tax, unlike CBP above, which is best for heavy (or small) cheap items. Limited experience, but my last order was missing my locker number and they figured it out with just my name (but charged me $5 for the extra work).