Any other Plex to Emby migrants?

Discussion in 'NAS Systems and Networked Home and SMB Software' started by IamSpartacus, Sep 26, 2017.

1. IamSpartacus

IamSpartacus Well-Known Member

When you add your movies library, does it see all the folders inside it? How do you have your movies named/organized? In individual folders by Movie name (ie. Avengers Endgame (2018))?

2. sth

sth Active Member

what do the logs show?

3. BLinux

BLinux Well-Known Member

Yes, when i first create the library, I navigate to my movies folder (/data/media/movies) and I can see the files and directories inside it, but of course, I want to choose the parent directory so it will find everything in there.

my movie files are organized in 2 ways, either a folder with the movie file in it, or just a movie file in the top level directory. PLEX has no problems with this. Does Emby require otherwise? The files are all named in a way that PLEX can figure out what it is, I was hoping Emby wouldn't have a problem with that... would hate to have to rename all those files.

4. BLinux

BLinux Well-Known Member

nothing that useful. it shows entries like this:

2019-08-01 02:09:17.944 Info LibraryMonitor: Watching directory /data/media/movies

where it appears to be monitoring the folder, but then nothing else referencing that path or anything within it.