Any Mini-ITX that supports Xeon?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Badzoo

Apr 13, 2011
Dear all,
Might be a bit off topic, but I just finished building 2 servers for my company and was looking into upgrading 3D workstations that we have.
As we don't need any expansion slots on these workstations, I was thinking about small footprint, thus the mini-itx.
We do need ECC and that's why I was looking for mini-itx motherboards that would supports Xeon Cpus.
Our softwares are mostly monothreaded, so the new Xeon quite happily fit the bill here.
Thanks

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
If you dont need ECC, then why get a Xeon?
The OP stated a need for ECC, but nowadays, something like the E3-1230 is much less expensive than a i7-2600 and one gets 4C/8T. It is somewhat odd, but because of a hole in the i7 line, and Xeon pricing, the E3-1230 can make some sense.

TO the OP, you may want to just look at mATX. There are a lot more options there.

Badzoo

Apr 13, 2011
boost, yup, after googling, I found that one too... but it did not seem to me to be any supplier for that... might need to contact them directly.

nitrobass24, I do need ECC.

Patrick, I thought about that too, but was looking first to mini-itx as got plenty to build and want to save a bit of workspace. Right now, we are using T3500 and some Precision 690 from Dell, the latter are huge and I wanted to see if I can get the footprint down.
I'll see if I can squeeze a small mATX or contact portwell... but the price of portwell might well be off the charts.. :(

Regards,

NirXY

Apr 25, 2011
boost, yup, after googling, I found that one too... but it did not seem to me to be any supplier for that... might need to contact them directly.
just wondering if you managed to order directly from them, or did you find a retailer ?

Badzoo

Apr 13, 2011
Did not contacted them yet as my company need to move office and I have been focused on automatic assembly machines computer for our production lines.. will see if I have a minute for myself.