Any interest in starting a STH group?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

MaxCFM

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger!
Apr 11, 2013
Atlanta,GA
1st off Hello people of STH! I have been a lurker for awhile but decided to join up with you fine folks as this place seems right up my alley :)

Onto the the topic, in my quest to better myself and expose myself and others to more things that I might not normally encounter in my day job I came across http://www.cloudcredibility.com What is it you ask? Seems like a VMware plot to engage the masses and boost the understanding of their product lines all the while encouraging people to network and team build with some cool swag to boot. I plan on playing along to help fill in the blanks in my knowledge about VMware's Cloud offerings and technology.
Most of the site is team focused and thought what better way to meet and network with all the fine folks here then see if there was any interest in starting a STH team and making a go of it and showing the world all the great people and knowledge we have here!

And no I don't work for VMware :) I'm just passionate about virtualization in general, and if this not the right place for this post or I have screwed up and this sort of thing is not allowed please let me know.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Jeggs101

Dec 29, 2010
welcome. Wondering why? What do we get from it? Dunno if I'd want to do VMware only.

MaxCFM

Apr 11, 2013
Atlanta,GA
welcome. Wondering why? What do we get from it? Dunno if I'd want to do VMware only.
As far as I can tell VMware is the 1st one to do this kind of initiative. I'm not saying only do VMware here just pointing out that it would be a good opportunity to expand one's knowledge about the offerings and have some competitive fun while doing so.

They have a catchy video linked off there site that goes over most of it.
[video=youtube_share;8CSD1Kwq94M]http://youtu.be/8CSD1Kwq94M[/video]

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Pretty sure we can hit top 50 fairly easily. We are already at 239.

BTW nitrobass there is one about writing a cloud blog article that you can repeat :)

MaxCFM

Apr 11, 2013
Atlanta,GA
I've joined up... Thank you Patrick for getting things moving along and to all the people joining up!

Jeggs101

Dec 29, 2010
gonna join if I get some time. You guys are already a top 100 team from the looks of it!!!!!

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
You should join! We have 10 people already and are #69 overall as a team. Latney is charging like crazy!

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Just got this:

Patrick - ServeTheHome,

Congratulations, your leadership skills in Cloud Cred have made you eligible for the VMworld Online Subscription prize. A VMware representative will contact you shortly to discuss the prize details and approval process.

Nice work,
The Cloud Cred Team
Interesting.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Awesome! Three really easy ones:
200 points for following 3 team members Task 48: Follow THREE people on your team
100 points (can do 5x) Task 152: Submit a Cloud Cred task idea
400 points (can do 2x) Task 154: Comment on a cloud video you like on YouTube

1500 points in < 10 min.

Also easy:
Task 265: Comment on a technical blog (20pts)

Also for folks like cactus, nitrobass24 and others that have made STH how-tos: Task 269: Create a technical resource for your fellow IT professionals (750 points) repeatable twice. Also technical resources can be entered for 250 points each Task 179: Write a serious blog post on cloud computing 10x times.