Any alternatives to a C6100?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

idea

May 19, 2011
I'm not particularly looking for advice to get the C6100 working for me, I will start a new thread if that is the case. I've been a little frustrated with my C6100 so I'm looking for suggestions on alternatives.

I've hardly been able to experiment with my C6100 at all because of the noise it makes. I tried swapping the fans out but I'm having problems doing that. Also, I bricked a sled by upgrading the BIOS, so I have to buy a new one and swap the parts out. At the time, it wasn't clear to me that we should not attempt to upgrade any firmware on these machines are they are custom DCS builds.

Due to these problems, and others, my project has been going very slow to get off the ground and I'm getting impatient. So I'm interested to hear what others think.

Thanks for listening :cool:

Criteria would (obviously) be:
Rack mountable
Efficient design with multiple nodes sharing the same resources (PSU,fan,chassis,etc)
IPMI

dba

Feb 20, 2012
San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA
I'm not particularly looking for advice to get the C6100 working for me, I will start a new thread if that is the case. I've been a little frustrated with my C6100 so I'm looking for suggestions on alternatives.

I've hardly been able to experiment with my C6100 at all because of the noise it makes. I tried swapping the fans out but I'm having problems doing that. Also, I bricked a sled by upgrading the BIOS, so I have to buy a new one and swap the parts out. At the time, it wasn't clear to me that we should not attempt to upgrade any firmware on these machines are they are custom DCS builds.

Due to these problems, and others, my project has been going very slow to get off the ground and I'm getting impatient. So I'm interested to hear what others think.

Thanks for listening :cool:

Criteria would (obviously) be:
Rack mountable
Efficient design with multiple nodes sharing the same resources (PSU,fan,chassis,etc)
IPMI
There are other options* if you need even more CPU horsepower than the C6100 or you need PCIe3, but you won't be able to beat the c6100 for value, and it's unlikely that any other server of similar density will be any quieter.

*See Dell C6220 and Intel H2312WPJR

idea

May 19, 2011
There are other options* if you need even more CPU horsepower than the C6100 or you need PCIe3, but you won't be able to beat the c6100 for value, and it's unlikely that any other server of similar density will be any quieter.

*See Dell C6220 and Intel H2312WPJR
I figured as much. Nothing comes close. Looks like I have to struggle through this