Another "Too good to be true?" OEM e5-2670v3 @ $262

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Gnodu

Oct 10, 2015
Pricing typo? Not sure- but sure looks odd. Be interesting to see what happens... Seller has multiple OEMs listed, all of which are higher. See pic below. Go figure.

Wonder if they are a drop-shipper, or what- seems odd that they would have all of these brands listed... yet with ebay a-to-z guarantee, wonder if worth trying?

price error.png

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
I got a "This listing (**********) has been removed, or this item is not available."

Gnodu

Oct 10, 2015
T-minus- link still works for me, but shows 9 sold.

As you said, I figure it's worth the chance. :)

frogtech

Jan 4, 2016
I was able to get one, if this is legit, it would be pretty cool to swap the 5820k I just got for this, can't really do any overclocking besides via the BCLK, but what the hell.

frogtech

Jan 4, 2016
Just got a shipping notification. I'm gonna make a bet on that if it's too good to be true that it turns out to be an engineering sample. But I remain optimistic.

Gnodu

Oct 10, 2015
Frogtech- my fingers are crossed... For both of us. What shipping service did they use?

No shipping notification on my order yet... We'll see.

@dba: at that price, they were done in no time. I placed an order, then posted here, by the time I looked again, 30-45 mins later, the remaining three (of nine) were gone.

If they send ES, I think you could easily file an eBay claim-- the ad clearly said new/sealed in box; as a Cisco OEM, if that is actually what they ship, they may have heats inks included too. Of course, even the ES version is worth more than the price posted.

Gnodu

Oct 10, 2015
@frogtech Is there anything interesting about the "shipping from" location in the FedEx record?

I'm getting a little concerned, as I bought several (earlier than you did, since I purchased right before posting here), and am not showing a shipping status/tracking number yet. (Of course, they may just not have updated...)

Was thinking about this last night- I doubt it's a scam or an RMA game, based on the variety of stuff they sell and the number of OEM brands of processors (all the majors are represented IIRC), chances are, it's a drop-ship situation and their computer tells the warehouse to ship and sends them the bill on Net-30 terms, or something like that.

Gnodu

Oct 10, 2015
Not sure, Robert. However, no matter how good they were at scamming and convincing the RMA people, I think it would be a tough sell to convince them that, say, SIX V3 processors all needed to be replaced, to the same address, all at once.

If it were the same issue as the Article you linked, I'd like to think that Cisco had gotten wise to this some time ago.

Okay- for you SysAdmins: if you have a server/cup/expensive router die, from any of the major vendors, can you honestly tell me that they do not require *anything* but your word to a help desk tech before they send out replacements? If not, that's nuts. (Or, have one of their onsite people drop off replacement, and pik up dead one-- even if he takes a sledge to it and throws it in a dumpster (err... Uses a responsible recycling option!)

Maybe I am a little too much on the "prove it" fence- but I cannot imagine calling a company like Cisco about a 5k switch, asking for a replacement, and not being expected to supply SOME sort of proof of possession, not to mention, destruction.

Reactions: Fritz