Another "Too good to be true?" OEM e5-2670v3 @ $262

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

helsyeah

Aug 22, 2015
Bummer for sure, but there's a reason these threads have the "too good to be true" in them :).

Ultimately, I think any of us who made a purchase knew where this might go. As long as the seller handles the returns well, I'm ok with having taken the chance.

frogtech

Jan 4, 2016
Yep, same here...E5 2670. I mistakenly thought the package was an SSD I was waiting on and so I opened the package before I started my unboxing video but, I'm not worried, there's literally nothing about my shipment that isn't in my favor. The invoice itself lists E5 2670 8C and it matches the box PERFECTLY. There is NO indication on anything I was shipped that it was the v3 processor or a 12 core cpu, lol. Sending in my return request now.

UPC definitely matches an E5 2670 v3 but everything else is just off.

Last edited:

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
Seller ended up eating a lot of $$ shipping all these srew-ups!! YIKES

frogtech

Jan 4, 2016
Any of you guys that already had the processors, how are your return requests going? I just submitted mine.

Last edited:

Gnodu

Oct 10, 2015
They told me they couldn't view the picture I submitted. Lol. Same as I posted here.

Supposedly their warehouse will investigate... Ahem. (Sarcasm? Me?) I'm betting warehouse number 2 made the same "mistake", they're due to arrive tomorrow... But didn't ask Fedex to refuse/return to sender, on the off chance that box 1 really was a mistake. (Uh, yeah.)

Funny thing, they immediately left me positive feedback... The attitude and helpfulness involved w the rest of the return process will determine how I word my feedback. Honesty, no doubt... All caps, we'll see.

Frog tech- am curious- did your package come from PA or IL? (First from IL, other from PA) if yours came from PA, I might ought to call fedex and refuse it/return to sender before it arrives.

Gnodu

Oct 10, 2015
To be clear- I'm good with taking the chance... But that doesn't mean they didn't try to rip us all off... On purpose or not, we may never know.

That's exactly why the title included "too good to be true?)

In the mean time, it's just a little bit of available credit tied up...

Reactions: frogtech

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
You guys selected something along the lines of "Item not as Described" when you opened your ebay dispute/return case right? Short and to the point reason: "Seller shipped v1, item listed as v3 CPU" Upload picture if you want showing box / mismatch and CPU incorrect.

helsyeah

Aug 22, 2015
Nice. Based on what we've seen thus far, I'm betting their "fix" for the incorrect details is to update the price accordingly, instead of fixing the incorrect UPC.

helsyeah

Aug 22, 2015
I received a very polite and accommodating email from the seller acknowledging the listing mistake promising to provide a return shipping label and such. I am asking if they can simply replace the CPU with the "correct" one, but I don't expect that to go very far ;).

Reactions: pgh5278

frogtech

Jan 4, 2016
I got one as well after I called them, I spoke to 2 sweet women at the "nothingbutsavings" phone number you can find on google, i'm a little annoyed though, the message says they're waiting on an RMA authorization, to me that implies they act as middle men, listing items and setting up the shipment from an OEM/separate vendor to you which is why they have to get an RMA approval before they can accept an ebay return...that shouldn't even be allowed...

Gnodu

Oct 10, 2015
Lol hels, that's hilarious.

Courteous or not- it's still bait and switch.

frogtech

Jan 4, 2016
@RobertFontaine not at all, when you initiate a return through ebay for any reason that isn't "no longer needed" you get a prepaid label that doesn't deduct itself from the refund amount.