An Important HPE ProLiant DL325 Gen10 Change Since Our Review

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Evan

Jan 6, 2016
I can see why, the 4-port is often not used , people will go all fiber to the rack and use SFP+/QSFP28 adapter and done. So it saves cost of you can order like that.

I would not be unhappy at all of the 4-port was option on all the CTO chassis.

MiniKnight

Mar 30, 2012
NYC
That's bad......
From HPE’s current Quick Specs: “NOTE: Embedded 4x 1GbE LOM is not equipped on new boards for 7xx2 series processors.”
So they've just said no to onboard 1G networking?

What's the cost of an i350 or BCM NIC these days if you're a big guy like hpe? $20 at most? @Even there's still tons of market for 1G even if you've got SFP+ or SFP28.

I'd be less shocked if it was just that the model only used the LOM. But same Gen10 they're changing a feature like this? You can see the PCB pads still there.

A reason we used more Dell than Supermicro at my old job is because Supermicro was known for changing components. They'd normally be capacitors and stuff like that getting swapped between board runs to cheaper components. This is a NIC that needs a driver which is 100X worse.