AMI Bios Flas Utility - Win7 or Linux Mint

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

dhenzler

Oct 9, 2019
Morehead City NC
s.ccskeet.com
I have a Supermicro system that I bought complete... Has the less desirable AMD processors, but for my purpose and budget this is great.

I'd like to speed up operation by using an SSD drive. I bought some adapters and found the drives are not recognized by the BIOS.

A newer BIOS revision is available. H8DG66_318 which may correct this issue. If any of you have knowledge of this... please let me know. The contact email has changed and is shoot@ccskeet.com

I'm using the crucial BX-500 drives

Am looking for another CSE-745TQ case... with PSU's

Dave

pricklypunter

Nov 10, 2015
Canada
Supermicro usually include the BIOS flashing tools in the zip archive, along with the BIOS file, they didn't for this one?

pricklypunter

Nov 10, 2015
Canada
Download a copy of free Rufus portable version. Use Rufus to make a bootable freedos usb stick. Once you have a bootable USB stick, copy the files in the Supermicro BIOS zip file you already downloaded, to the root of the USB stick, then boot your server from that. Finally run the supplied BIOS flash utility that Supermicro provides in the archive to update your BIOS :)