AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3995WX Review A Bold WEPYC

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

hmw

Apr 29, 2019
Playing with the lenovo configurator and seeing the prices made me realize that my employer would never buy such a system for me :(
Back in the day, at Nokia we had 125,000 euros that we could spend in a year without requiring upstream manager approval. I once asked if I could spend it all in one go on workstations - and was told I could. So I got a couple of monster Dell dual CPU machines and put in a separate order for Adaptec RAID cards and high capacity Seagate SATA HDDs - I think 500GB or 750GB was the largest SATA disk at the time. The only question my boss asked was why I was removing the SCSI disks and replacing them with slower SATA. Once I showed him plans for Hadoop nodes etc - he said “oh you’ll need more nodes”

You’d be surprised at how much you can spend on IT equipment & infrastructure in large enterprises

i386

Mar 18, 2016
Germany
I just saw the epyc zen3 lineup and amd finally increased the clocks!
The top model 7713 is a 64core 3.675 GHz monster -> 128 cores @ 3.675 GHz in a dual socket configuration :D