AMD Ryzen Server Motherboard Tyan Tomcat EX S8015 Spied

• Thread starter Patrick Kennedy
  • Start date
Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Go forth and share STHers! Ryzen server motherboard spotted.

cesmith9999

Mar 26, 2013
We just need a shipping date and $$$

and not to be just made for 1 customer...

Chris

MiniKnight

Mar 30, 2012
NYC
Needs to ship soon and available at retail. I'm not buying these for clients until I try it myself
Ryzen 2700 support out of the box
ECC memory support
IPMI
If they keep that GPU support change to MXM. Nobody wants a 1st gen GCN GPU. I'm not paying for that. I'm not paying for extra wires for something I'll never use. MXM maybe that's useful.

zir_blazer

Dec 5, 2016
Right where the third PCIe Slot is found, there is a weird PCIe 1x at the left of it. What the hell is that??

The Embedded Radeon E8860 is old, GNC 1.0 based. The Motherboard must be aimed at the pure CPU Ryzens cause it makes no sense to use such GPU with the Vega based Ryzen APUs. I suppose than the Motherboard video outputs are hardwired to the embedded GPU, which means that using a Ryzen APU is not a very good idea to begin with. I find the choice rather weird...
I'm also curious regarding if the Embedded Radeon is attached to the CPU PCIe Lanes or to the Chipset. Either both the 16x and 4x Slots are wired to Ryzen and the Embedded Radeon uses Chipset Lanes, or the Embedded Radeon uses 4 Ryzen Lanes and the 4x Slot comes from the Chipset.

The great thing is that the -EX model would be the first AM4 Motherboard with IPMI than I'm aware of.

EffrafaxOfWug

Radioactive Member
Feb 12, 2015
If they keep that GPU support change to MXM. Nobody wants a 1st gen GCN GPU.
I find it odd that they picked a still relatively powerful separate GPU at all instead of relying on IPMI framebuffer or using an even lower powered GPU. Maybe these are intended for VDI-like installations or something but even then I'd have thought using raven ridge would give the best bang for buck.

: shrugs :