AMD Ryzen 7 Parts Available for Pre-Order Now!

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
I did get hands-on time with Ryzen 7 and have benchmarks (will release on March 2.) This is something I am personally pre-ordering.

Last edited:
Reactions: eva2000 and William

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
@gigatexal I have been checking Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more and Computer Parts, Laptops, Electronics, and More - Newegg.com as we were told that both will have pre-orders today. Amazon has $8.62 off $50 today using "BIGTHANKS" coupon code.

Since I am okay running something below the top-end Ryzen 7 1800X so I am looking for the Ryzen 7 1700X and Ryzen 7 1700. I did give feedback to the Naples team that I wanted the Ryzen 7 chips with ECC RDIMM support but was told I would be waiting.

The Ryzen 7 1700 with the 65w TDP part is going to be very strong.

Also, there are going to be some workloads where these will contend with dual Sandy Bridge-EP using a single CPU.

Reactions: gigatexal

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
I would think many on here would get a used e5-26xx CPU for high cpu core workstation.
If you are using a single E5-2670 V1 or similar, the Ryzen 7 will be better (faster and lower power) unless you need higher memory capacities. Also, Ryzen motherboards will have more modern features than Sandy Bridge-E generation parts.

Reactions: eva2000

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
"We can say that the single thread performance is solid, perhaps “good enough” while the multi-threaded performance, especially with 4 core Intel v. 8 core AMD in a price range, being excellent."

So 4 Core Intel still holds a candle against AMDs latest 8C, and single core Intel is still >... so why is everyone jumping on this new AMD? ;) ;)

Patriot

Apr 18, 2011
"We can say that the single thread performance is solid, perhaps “good enough” while the multi-threaded performance, especially with 4 core Intel v. 8 core AMD in a price range, being excellent."

So 4 Core Intel still holds a candle against AMDs latest 8C, and single core Intel is still >... so why is everyone jumping on this new AMD? ;) ;)
At the released clocks ... with broadwell IPC they will compete single threaded against the 4c/8t just fine. Same as the Intel Broadwell 8c... and they use the same amount of power with twice the amount of cores... for around the same cost as the pleb desktop. You are getting the HEDT for the pleb cost.

gigatexal

I'm here to learn
Nov 25, 2012
Portland, Oregon
alexandarnarayan.com
@gigatexal I have been checking Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more and Computer Parts, Laptops, Electronics, and More - Newegg.com as we were told that both will have pre-orders today. Amazon has $8.62 off $50 today using "BIGTHANKS" coupon code.

Since I am okay running something below the top-end Ryzen 7 1800X so I am looking for the Ryzen 7 1700X and Ryzen 7 1700. I did give feedback to the Naples team that I wanted the Ryzen 7 chips with ECC RDIMM support but was told I would be waiting.

The Ryzen 7 1700 with the 65w TDP part is going to be very strong.

Also, there are going to be some workloads where these will contend with dual Sandy Bridge-EP using a single CPU.
If I do buy against my better judgement of waiting for reviews I'll be getting the 1700X

frogtech

Jan 4, 2016
flipping a coin between 1700x and 1800x I haven't overclocked in so long.... this is gonna be fun.
New build log and OC'ing guide and results incoming? Haven't OC'd on AMD since the Athlon 2500+ Barton craze :D

Patriot

Apr 18, 2011
I am not used to sharing how to get my overclocks. My last serious overclock was a quad dodeca 61xx rig oced from 2ghz to 3.8ghz on all 48 cores.

Reactions: gigatexal