AMD making a fool of Threadripper customers - AGAIN?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

111alan

Mar 11, 2019
Haerbing Institution of Technology
Man why do i keep getting notifications on this thread and why it moved a whooping 3 pages since yesterday?.. o_O Maybe stop throwing/requesting fake proofs and fake news guys? We're not in a kindergarten anymore, who's trying to prove what to who? >.<
To be clear, none of these proofs is fake. What's in question now is the reasoning, about how these proofs link to the viewpoint.

ReturnedSword

Jun 15, 2018
Santa Monica, CA
I asked for AMD. Since this seems to be an AMD bashing thread about how AMD is a criminal and I/others are asking for actual proof to enlighten us. Not something that can be photoshopped even my 5 year old nephew can make. Who cares about knockoff Chinese audio products?

111alan

Mar 11, 2019
I asked for AMD. Since this seems to be an AMD bashing thread about how AMD is a criminal and I/others are asking for actual proof to enlighten us. Not something that can be photoshopped even my 5 year old nephew can make. Who cares about knockoff Chinese audio products?
What I'm saying is a possibility, and I have shown enough proofs to explain why I think there's a possibility, why it's high.

But what you're asking is the definite proof.

We're not even talking about the same thing. I don't think this talk will go anywhere.

Plus who would photoshop a forum chat history, in the forum itself where the authenticity can be easily checked.

ReturnedSword

Jun 15, 2018
Santa Monica, CA
So finally the admission that it’s down to personal feelings.

Such logic.

All your proofs are actually logical fallacies, something that is taught very early on in university.

There are many in this thread, including me, who tried to engage with you empathetically and hopefully with the respect you deserve, but it’s tiring. I no longer have that patience. Done here.

111alan

Mar 11, 2019
this is where you’re wrong. NOTHING is beyond the capability of fandom.
But it's far beyond any fandom in the history computer hardware history and doesn't meet the interest of people involved. They have no reason to help fanboys to destroy their community, if there is no other profit. They don't have a history of doing this. They went against fans if needed.

111alan

Mar 11, 2019
So finally the admission that it’s down to personal feelings.

Such logic.

All your proofs are actually logical fallacies, something that is taught very early on in university.

There are many in this thread, including me, who tried to engage with you empathetically and hopefully with the respect you deserve, but it’s tiring. I no longer have that patience. Done here.

Sorry but I don't see any of the "logical fallacies" part has anything to do here.

Instead, I think some "ambiguity" is involved here. There is a difference between logical inference and "personal feelings". I'm trying to say my claim is the former, with a lot of proofs, but seems that it's impossible to convince you there's a difference. This conversation is meaningless from the beginning.

If there is no difference here, science could never have existed.

As of your case, in my point of view, it seems that multiple cognitive biases are involved, most prominent ones are blind spot bias ostrich effect and reactive devaluation.
cognitive-bias-examples-1200px.jpg

I'm also tired of this argument. After all, upon seeing the deeds that's clearly beyond any fandom seen before, committed by a group of people who do paid speech control all the time, in a large scale and a organized pattern, how can someone still think the brand involved has nothing to do with all of this. Isn't it just ridiculous

For some people in this thread I'm not sure they have ever thought of the definition of "proof".

This whole thing is pointless. And it's not me who started this, or who spew out so many fabricated opinions and made the whole situation irreconcilable.

Actually nobody ever had any problem about my reasoning when no AMD affairs are involved. Neither do I see any when other people are accusing other brands of bribing. In fact, I see people(incl that admin) saying that intel is spending 4 billion CNY to bribe the media every year, all the time, without any proof, but nobody got excited. Bribing is something we hate but not somthing rare. Perhaps people are not as rational as they may think. Perhaps the days when we can talk peacefully will never return.

In the end, believe what you believe, but only say things when you're sure about what you say. Perhaps it's better to end this pointless debate.

Last edited:

RageBone

Jul 11, 2017
Ho boy. Were you joking, that would have been funny.
But you aren't, so why am i laughing?
Look in the mirror and do as you say, not as you do.

@ReturnedSword I weren't taught those in uni, CS to be precise. Did i miss a course?

ReturnedSword

Jun 15, 2018
Santa Monica, CA
Ho boy. Were you joking, that would have been funny.
But you aren't, so why am i laughing?
Look in the mirror and do as you say, not as you do.

@ReturnedSword I weren't taught those in uni, CS to be precise. Did i miss a course?
Here in the US, it would be part of introductory philosophy courses required of all undeclared and declared majors. It’s buried somewhere among Greek philosophy. Not sure how it is in the UK and other countries. I studied EE&CS at Berkeley, but it seemed to be common at other universities as well.

Funnily enough, I changed to English Literature and Linguistics a year from graduation because I felt like the liberal arts gave more creative freedom of thought. But then ended up in IT for the last 20 years. Well, one of my PM / architect colleagues has a MFA in Dance, and another has a degree in Philosophy:D Non-CS people can bring a different perspective to the field. I find more than a few of my CS colleagues often box themselves into a certain view on projects.

Reactions: RageBone

RageBone

Jul 11, 2017
yeah,i can emphasize with the box lol.
Didn't have philosophy or anything else close to it.
If i think back, i might muddily remember that stuff from my "highschool".

EDIT: ****ed up the n't

Last edited:
Reactions: ReturnedSword

ReturnedSword

Jun 15, 2018
Santa Monica, CA
In the UK I think it depends. I’d figure the old boys schools place a bigger emphasis on the classics.

I now also recall in the US here we also had philosophy and debate classes at the secondary level (your upper/sixth form). I was part of the debate class representing my school nationally at the time. I went to a private boys school, so may have had more exposure than those going to a public school. I feel old now. It’s been 20 years :rolleyes:

Haha the box isn’t that bad all the time. I admire the singular focus my CS people have. But sometimes I need to *patiently* explain to them why in the interest of actually finishing the project we need to move on lol.

111alan

Mar 11, 2019
In the UK I think it depends. I’d figure the old boys schools place a bigger emphasis on the classics.

I now also recall in the US here we also had philosophy and debate classes at the secondary level (your upper/sixth form). I was part of the debate class representing my school nationally at the time. I went to a private boys school, so may have had more exposure than those going to a public school. I feel old now. It’s been 20 years :rolleyes:

Haha the box isn’t that bad all the time. I admire the singular focus my CS people have. But sometimes I need to *patiently* explain to them why in the interest of actually finishing the project we need to move on lol.
Seems it's still continuing. Let me ask you one question I've been holding back for some time.

You said this:
I find it very hard to believe that AMD, which is many times smaller than Intel, and did not have/probably still doesn’t have a PR department throwing a lot of money to influence the public perception, would hire random forum posters anywhere China or Western forums to influence the narrative.
Do you think it's ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE for AMD to be paying the forums I mentioned for speech control? Meaning that there is NO chance at all?

Well we all have learned logic then, because my major was Mathematics back then. For the sake of that dozens of questions I answered, please at least answer this.

Last edited:

gsrcrxsi

Dec 12, 2018
Do you think it's ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE for AMD to be paying the forums I mentioned for speech control? Meaning that there is NO chance at all?

Well we all have learned logic then, because my major was Mathematics back then.
nothing is impossible.

but if you're going to claim that it IS happening, you're gonna have to prove it, and you havent.

but it's less likely that it IS happening and more likely not happening, because if AMD got caught, they stand to lose more than they gain by doing such things. their reputation and business would be irreparably damaged, more than they would gain in sales from a false information campaign. it's not a business smart decision and not something reasonably plausible.

111alan

Mar 11, 2019
nothing is impossible.

but if you're going to claim that it IS happening, you're gonna have to prove it, and you havent.

but it's less likely that it IS happening and more likely not happening, because if AMD got caught, they stand to lose more than they gain by doing such things. their reputation and business would be irreparably damaged, more than they would gain in sales from a false information campaign. it's not a business smart decision and not something reasonably plausible.
OK I take that as no then.

There are also a lot of evidences indicating AMD paying independent reviewers and commenters for its reputation campaign.
My original claim is this. It's about a logical inference, not rigorous fact. I admitted that I was a bit too radical when attacked by twisted interpretations though.

Let's see if he also answered.

Last edited:

RageBone

Jul 11, 2017
@111alan
No, the Topic involving you was not continuing.
What continued was a small discussion weather i missed certain topics in school and uni.

That had nothing to do with you i'd say.

OK I take that as no then.
You cannot take that as a No.
That would be a gross oversimplification that should evaluate to YES if you have to make it.

The best counter example i can come up with is:
Are you John Cena?
NO ?
But Could you be John Cena? YEEEEEESSS
How likely is that?
Not Likely.

So i would take that as a yes in your stead.

Even if it were likely, that does not make you ****ing John Cena!

You can role the same shtick with being a criminal.

Just because you could commit a crime, that does not make you a criminal.

Your radical claims are at the core at all of the issues here.
And to call skepticism, questions and critique an Attack on you, that gets into really really dangerous territory.

All i can tell you again is to look in the mirror.

ReturnedSword

Jun 15, 2018
Santa Monica, CA
Critical thinking is the whole purpose of higher education, even more so for mathematics. But who am I to say? I’m just a lowly electrical engineering and computer science “drop out” who found the literary arts to be more interesting. :)

111alan

Mar 11, 2019
I
@111alan
No, the Topic involving you was not continuing.
What continued was a small discussion weather i missed certain topics in school and uni.

That had nothing to do with you i'd say.

You cannot take that as a No.
That would be a gross oversimplification that should evaluate to YES if you have to make it.

The best counter example i can come up with is:
Are you John Cena?
NO ?
But Could you be John Cena? YEEEEEESSS
How likely is that?
Not Likely.

So i would take that as a yes in your stead.

Even if it were likely, that does not make you ****ing John Cena!

You can role the same shtick with being a criminal.

Just because you could commit a crime, that does not make you a criminal.

Your radical claims are at the core at all of the issues here.
And to call skepticism, questions and critique an Attack on you, that gets into really really dangerous territory.

All i can tell you again is to look in the mirror.
It's YES or NO, impossible or possible. Or you don't know, which is also Possible. Please do not dodge the question. It's not the way of reasoning.

Could you be John Cena?
No. It's objectively impossible.

And as radical as those claims are, I 've stressed multiple times that it's not a 100% certain thing.

I suggest you not to label people as you want, and attack that label. You don't have to have a mirror, just look at what you've written.
No, it's only to that fake expert, because he elaborated so much on that X265 example, which is not technically a fault.

It's like, "we have James Webb now, so every observation and theory created using Hobble are all fake, misleading, and ill-intended."

But all and all, I've answered so many questions, how it's bothering to answer one of mine?

Last edited:

111alan

Mar 11, 2019
Critical thinking is the whole purpose of higher education, even more so for mathematics. But who am I to say? I’m just a lowly electrical engineering and computer science “drop out” who found the literary arts to be more interesting. :)
Then please answer, Yes or No, and stop dodging questions. There isn't any critical thinking involved here, and no one is putting all of AMD in jail here.

Last edited: