AMD making a fool of Threadripper customers - AGAIN?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

111alan

Mar 11, 2019
Haerbing Institution of Technology
these are the two comments you made in your first post to this thread that everyone called BS/nonsense.

you were asked for PROOF. and you responded with only anecdotal experiences about some people being mean to you on chinese internet, and that somehow makes them paid AMD shills LOL.

no. its not proof. and all of the posts and replies thus far have been you pack pedaling or moving the goal posts to try to justify your position. nothing you've posted is in anyway proof of AMD paying people to be mean to you.
First comment: Yes, they could have included upgradability if they tried. These CPUs are designed to be SOCs, the motherboards don't support them just because AMD doesn't let them. Look at those EPYC boards if you need proof.

Second comment: The first part, I have a lot of things that actually happened listed. Many content creators are involved.
The second part: About evidence, I've talked a lot in the recent replies.

I only see the second part of second question get more disapprovals.

gsrcrxsi

Dec 12, 2018
the "things that actually happened" are people being mean to you. maybe they are mean because you acted the same way as you're acting in this thread? just because someone on the internet disagrees with you or even is mean to you, does NOT equate to them being a paid AMD shill. THAT is the part people have issue with. that they are paid by AMD. people don't care if it's true that someone was mean to you, only the much larger claim that AMD paid them. you were asked for evidence, ANY evidence of AMD doing these things, and you just keep spouting off nonsense like "i already gave the evidence" "it's out there" "<this small minuscule detail> validates ALL of my wild claims". it's nonsense, and no one is buying it.

the "things that actually happened" that we want proof of are payments from AMD to these supposed shills, and proof that they intentionally limited the noted boards to be one generation only when designing them. these are things you've yet to provide any proof of.

Reactions: RageBone

111alan

Mar 11, 2019
Ok so for the nVidia case, they’re really unpaid fans, but for AMD, who btw are also much smaller than nVidia just like they are much smaller than Intel, AMD supporting people are not fans but they are paid? How does this make any sense?
I've also talked about this before. These paid commenters and review makers are not expensive. I even included a screenshot about price, that 1500CNY price is for very well-written articles. A company don't even need a large sum of money to bribe those people.

It's a far more economical strat than buying advertisement positions. Even some food sellers, cosmetology product sellers and lesser smartphone companies do this.

BTW, There are some clips about them failing when streaming in ticktock, which are actually amusing.

111alan

Mar 11, 2019
the "things that actually happened" are people being mean to you. maybe they are mean because you acted the same way as you're acting in this thread? just because someone on the internet disagrees with you or even is mean to you, does NOT equate to them being a paid AMD shill. THAT is the part people have issue with. that they are paid by AMD. people don't care if it's true that someone was mean to you, only the much larger claim that AMD paid them. you were asked for evidence, ANY evidence of AMD doing these things, and you just keep spouting off nonsense like "i already gave the evidence" "it's out there" "<this small minuscule detail> validates ALL of my wild claims". it's nonsense, and no one is buying it.

the "things that actually happened" that we want proof of are payments from AMD to these supposed shills, and proof that they intentionally limited the noted boards to be one generation only when designing them. these are things you've yet to provide any proof of.
Disagreement usually doesn't come with accusing people of cheating, misinterpreting every one of my words, and refusing to provide anything himself, while being misleading all along.

And I only act up when I see these.

Doubt you would not in the same situation.

We make nice conversations if people are only showing what they don't agree with, not insulting.

gsrcrxsi

Dec 12, 2018
Disagreement usually doesn't come with accusing people of cheating, misinterpreting every one of my words, and refusing to provide anything himself, while being misleading all along.

And I only act up when I see these.

Doubt you would not.
radical claims require radical proof. you're the one making radical claims.

if you don't have any real proof then there's nothing else to say

111alan

Mar 11, 2019
radical claims require radical proof. you're the one making radical claims.

if you don't have any real proof then there's nothing else to say
I said there's a high possibility, not they definitely did all these. And I have listed a lot of evidence that not only proved that my claim isn't radical here at all, but also shown that the other parties, which may have involved, are doing the same things as what they did before when they try to control public speech for other sponsors.

You think all of these have nothing to do with my point?

Just say if a planet is going in circles, you might just know there's something inside that orbit.

gsrcrxsi

Dec 12, 2018
as i said before. none of your "proof" shows even evidence of a "high probability" of the things you claim. it's circumstantial at best. it boils down to "people in the world are known to be paid to write favorable articles, so these people must be disagreeing with me because they are being paid". it's nonsense. there's no link at all. it's conspiracy theory with no proof.

ReturnedSword

Jun 15, 2018
Santa Monica, CA
I've also talked about this before. These paid commenters and review makers are not expensive. I even included a screenshot about price, that 1500CNY price is for very well-written articles. A company don't even need a large sum of money to bribe those people.

It's a far more economical strat than buying advertisement positions. Even some food sellers, cosmetology product sellers and lesser smartphone companies do this.

BTW, There are some clips about them failing when streaming in ticktock, which are actually amusing.
There are reviewers who are “paid” in non-Chinese tech media as well. Except they’re paid in free parts. So what? You do realize this has probably been happening since the beginning of commerce right? Just ignore them. Tbh you’re bringing problems unique to Chinese internet culture into a more international based forum. Here you must show real proof, which you’re misunderstanding still. None of the things you showed is actually proof, and the internet violence you talk about are just fanboys being trolls against each other.

Funny story about my time living in China. Every morning I buy bao and silken tofu to eat. Every bao seller says theirs is the best. Every silken tofu seller says the same. So what will I buy? From the seller who is the quietest. Because they’re so tired after spending all night making their delicious product.

gsrcrxsi

Dec 12, 2018
Funny story about my time living in China. Every morning I buy bao and silken tofu to eat. Every bao seller says theirs is the best. Every silken tofu seller says the same. So what will I buy? From the seller who is the quietest. Because they’re so tired after spending all night making their delicious product.
kind of like NYC and "worlds best coffee" lol.

i especially liked the 流沙包 (liushabao, egg custard bun) from the street vendors. or the 煎饼 (jian bing, fried tortilla type rolls). so good.

111alan

Mar 11, 2019
There are reviewers who are “paid” in non-Chinese tech media as well. Except they’re paid in free parts. So what? You do realize this has probably been happening since the beginning of commerce right? Just ignore them. Tbh you’re bringing problems unique to Chinese internet culture into a more international based forum. Here you must show real proof, which you’re misunderstanding still. None of the things you showed is actually proof, and the internet violence you talk about are just fanboys being trolls against each other.

It's not a problem, until a glutinous cake seller brings a machete to every shop and force them all to move away.

Then we only got glutinous cake. Which, from many reviews I saw, isn't so good and also very overpriced.

Even worse, some of these sellers migrated to the main cities, brandishing their machetes everywhere they went, selling at even higher prices and don't let people go until they buy and praise it. until Chinese government shut them down due to public security issues.

111alan

Mar 11, 2019
as i said before. none of your "proof" shows even evidence of a "high probability" of the things you claim. it's circumstantial at best. it boils down to "people in the world are known to be paid to write favorable articles, so these people must be disagreeing with me because they are being paid". it's nonsense. there's no link at all. it's conspiracy theory with no proof.
Never said disagreement itself is proof. It's about how they approach things, and how much high-up resources they have mustered that makes them seems more than just fans.

111alan

Mar 11, 2019
You mean the unpaid fanboys of the cake sellers. Because they have strong feelings about their favored cake, and anyone who disagreed personally insulted them and their entire family
They can have feelings, but they can't brandish their machetes at people, unless the police let them.

Also reminded me of human traffic in a lot of villages, where these traders usually have a "good relationship" with local police.

People usually don't know their existence, until something like a sold bride killing everyone and escaped, happened.

Last edited:

gsrcrxsi

Dec 12, 2018
Never said disagreement itself is proof. It's about how they approach things, and how much high-up resources they have mustered that makes them seems more than just fans.
all subjective anecdotes. still no proof. "how they approach things" is not proof.

please provide ANY proof that AMD paid these people or shut up and admit its speculation due to your own biases.

111alan

Mar 11, 2019
all subjective anecdotes. still no proof. "how they approach things" is not proof.

please provide ANY proof that AMD paid these people or shut up and admit its speculation due to your own biases.
Strictly, possibilities are speculations. If we see someone staying in the crime scene at the right time, he, due to speculations, is very likely to be the suspect.

And I don't see the need of any biases here. Neither should there be any need of the full recording of his actions, if it's only about the suspect. Sometimes people even do trials without that recording.

Last edited:

ReturnedSword

Jun 15, 2018
Santa Monica, CA
Maybe that’s how things happen in mainland China (it is). But it’s not how things are proven right or wrong in the rest of the world. Here even if the killer is obvious, they still deserve the full protection of the law. If crimes are really obvious then the self-evident nature of the evidence will survive scrutiny in front of a judge and a jury.

Please, if there are problems in Chinese forums like ChipHell, why bring them here? In my years on this forum, this is the first and dumbest thread I’ve ever seen. If we are serious about tech, leave feelings and personal out of it. It’s ok to be wrong sometimes. A person can only grow if they admit their mistakes and accept truth.

If there’s any actual proof. Start showing it now. I want to see receipts of payment and contracts for the so-called troll army paid by AMD. It’s that simple. If you feel ambitious please show us receipts that nVidia and Intel also paid internet soldiers for their own side.

Reactions: marunjar

tinfoil3d

QSFP28
May 11, 2020
Japan
Man why do i keep getting notifications on this thread and why it moved a whooping 3 pages since yesterday?.. o_O Maybe stop throwing/requesting fake proofs and fake news guys? We're not in a kindergarten anymore, who's trying to prove what to who? >.<

Wasmachineman_NL

Wittgenstein the Supercomputer FTW!
Aug 7, 2019
Man why do i keep getting notifications on this thread and why it moved a whooping 3 pages since yesterday?.. o_O Maybe stop throwing/requesting fake proofs and fake news guys? We're not in a kindergarten anymore, who's trying to prove what to who? >.<
shitposting and shitslinging towards companies is fun though :^)

111alan

Mar 11, 2019
Maybe that’s how things happen in mainland China (it is). But it’s not how things are proven right or wrong in the rest of the world. Here even if the killer is obvious, they still deserve the full protection of the law. If crimes are really obvious then the self-evident nature of the evidence will survive scrutiny in front of a judge and a jury.

Please, if there are problems in Chinese forums like ChipHell, why bring them here? In my years on this forum, this is the first and dumbest thread I’ve ever seen. If we are serious about tech, leave feelings and personal out of it. It’s ok to be wrong sometimes. A person can only grow if they admit their mistakes and accept truth.

If there’s any actual proof. Start showing it now. I want to see receipts of payment and contracts for the so-called troll army paid by AMD. It’s that simple. If you feel ambitious please show us receipts that nVidia and Intel also paid internet soldiers for their own side.
Why bring it here? Because people keep asking. I only started with the simple claim of a possibility, then someone start to bend my idea to definite claim, and see what they don't understand as misleading. So I have to add more to this post.

My logic is simple. There are things happening that's clearly beyond the capability of fandom. And you think those admins just allow people to break almost every rule without consequence, or even went out to promote that brand themselves? You think it has nothing to do with paid speech control, which they did all the time? If not, who's paying? I don't think there is a reasonless claim here. Neither do I think people must see the whole process of the crime, to deem someone guilty, and I didn't even mean that AMD is absolutely guilty of bribing.

Yeah Chiphell has nothing to do with this forum for now, I bring it up here just to assist my explanation. Plus who knows media in other countries won't cross the red line. Think I've already explained more than enough about this topic.

Here's another actual proof of another admin promoting some brand for money.

I also think this whole argument is pretty pointless, I've said almost everything I have to say. Just if I stop, misunderstandings will not be solved, and those rootless claims may be viewed as truth.

Last edited: