EU AMD EPYC 7551 - 295 GBP

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Ponury Typ

Oct 28, 2015
@csp-guy did they replay to You?

Did anyone tried installing without carrier? I would try it my self since i have my cpu, asrock rome8-2t and ram sitting on the table but i am still missing bloody power supply that i cant find anywhere (seasonic 1000W titanium) ...

Reactions: donedeal19

neobenedict

Oct 2, 2020
Bought my motherboard from here Supermicro H11DSi server/workstation motherboard and coolers SUPERMICRO CPU Heat Sink SNK-P0064AP4. Can't test both CPUs yet (no dual eps power supply) but I tested one and the board/cpu boots to bios at least. Also with topcashback this site has 4-6% cashback. Products arrived new in original packaging and it is the revision 2 board.

I wouldn't buy noctua coolers unless you have a normal PC case, the airflow will be wrong in a server case. The official supermicro coolers run quiet at least in the bios. You can install the CPUs fine without a carrier on any board, just be careful not to do a der8auer and drop the cpu into the socket. You don't need a torque wrench either, just don't overtighten.

The H11DSI board is missing the 10G rj45 ports (complete junk IMO) and the 2 nvme oculink. The -HT board with those is about £80 more. Not worth it for me.

Still waiting for my supermicro chassis and more RAM to arrive before I can properly test.

csp-guy

Jun 26, 2019
Hungary, Budapest
@csp-guy did they replay to You?

Did anyone tried installing without carrier? I would try it my self since i have my cpu, asrock rome8-2t and ram sitting on the table but i am still missing bloody power supply that i cant find anywhere (seasonic 1000W titanium) ...
Yeah, they answered. It is OEM, and they support only boxed ones. They didnt answer to my question about selling a carrier frame.

tesla100

Jun 15, 2016
I bought two with a carrier frame. Installed them in an H11DSi-NT motherboard and had no issues whatsoever.

kaz

Nov 21, 2020
San Jose, CA, USA
Inspired by this thread, I built my first EPYC workstation last week.
Instead of EPYC 7551, I purchased a used EPYC 7571 at $349.95 from https://centralvalleycomputerparts....32-cores-2-2-ghz-socket-sp3-64mb-b-grade-cpu/
and built with ASRock Rack ROMED8-2T.
The carrier frame did not come with the CPU, so I installed EPYC 7571 without the carrier frame,
but in my experience, it was almost the same feeling as other CPUs such as Ryzen how carefully I placed the CPU on the socket.
It might be because I have built many PCs, but I think we don't need to be too afraid to put EPYC CPU without the carrier frame if you had some experience with PC builds.
Of course, I cannot guarantee that you would always succeed.

systemviper

Mar 21, 2016
Newtown, CT
I purchased 2 used EPYC 7571 , SuperMicro H11DSi Motherboard REV 2.0 supports Dual AMD EPYC 7001/7002 with two Noctua NH-U14S TR4-SP3 . I will build this weekend
Yeah
SV

kibibyte

Apr 17, 2021
Linköping, Sweden
ROMED6U-2L2T is very promising... but it is only in preliminary status. I would like to see some test about this motherboard.

I wish the upgrade option of Milan CPU-s. I am plannning to buy this when it is available in Europe.

Link: ASRock Rack > ROMED6U-2L2T
But in what kind of chassis do you put a µATX mobo that supports up to 28 SATA disks and 2 NVMe or 12 SATA and 6 NVMe, or anything inbetween?