AMD EPYC 7302p+ Supermicro H11SSL-i version 2

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Cruzader

Jan 1, 2021
For those who bought from memorypartner_ltd, has your order shipped yet? It's gonna be a week tmr since I ordered and it has not shipped (or at least no tracking has been provided).
Chinese new year was last week with a 16day festival that includes this week also.
Sales etc is usualy back this week but alot of companies dont resume shipping/warehouse activity before next week.

ano

Nov 7, 2022
yeah, chinese newyears lockdown is way more serious than disease stuff there ;)

we have good luck ordering from memory partner, they seem legit

DaSaint

Oct 3, 2015
Colorado
So FYI i messaged the seller memorypartner_ltd and they told me they had issues with my ram configuration (2x8gb) i told them i didnt care about the ram and ship me the board/chip without the ram (no refund) didnt really care as i had better chips anyways but u all might want to MSG them.

If i get the Mobo/CPU its still better deal than anything that was out there as far as i knew... and i chose the minimum config b/c i had better ram chips here already...

osrk

Sep 2, 2019
So FYI i messaged the seller memorypartner_ltd and they told me they had issues with my ram configuration (2x8gb) i told them i didnt care about the ram and ship me the board/chip without the ram (no refund) didnt really care as i had better chips anyways but u all might want to MSG them.

If i get the Mobo/CPU its still better deal than anything that was out there as far as i knew... and i chose the minimum config b/c i had better ram chips here already...
I messaged them yesterday. They said the ram isn't compatable with the board/cpu and asked if i wanted to cancel. I replied to just send me the board and cpu and refund me some amount to compensate for the RAM.

I don't think they want to ship this...

rumpelstilz

May 27, 2022
Same problem here, memorypartner_ltd:

I just get a message from our technician, he told me we tested the motherboard, CPU and RAM and found that the RAM did not match the motherboard and CPU, it was unusable.
So how about cancel the order first? I feel sorry for the inconvenience for you.​

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
in AMDs memory poputlation guidelines for EPYC 7002 they don't mention 2 DIMM as they do in the 7003s even with the comment not recommended.

osrk

Sep 2, 2019
in AMDs memory poputlation guidelines for EPYC 7002 they don't mention 2 DIMM as they do in the 7003s even with the comment not recommended.
I ordered the four dimm combo, the two dimm was sold out. I don't really care if they ship the memory. I have not gotten a response from them.

HindrikS

Jan 22, 2023
For those who bought from memorypartner_ltd, has your order shipped yet? It's gonna be a week tmr since I ordered and it has not shipped (or at least no tracking has been provided).
Yes, mine has. However, they told me that the ram they had was incompatible, hence they delayed shipping. They gave me the option of getting a bit of money back or upgrade to faster ram. I chose the latter. It’s been shipped with FedEx and it has almost arrived. (Europe)
I ordered 4x16gb.

osrk

Sep 2, 2019
Yes, mine has. However, they told me that the ram they had was incompatible, hence they delayed shipping. They gave me the option of getting a bit of money back or upgrade to faster ram. I chose the latter. It’s been shipped with FedEx and it has almost arrived. (Europe)
I ordered 4x16gb.
They finally responded. They told me that they could ship the cpu and motherboard but not the RAM and would not adjust the price.

I responded that I would accept paying the lowest combo price ($520) and they could not send me the RAM or they could substitute it with perhaps a faster speed and I would be open to paying a little more for that. They refused both and said either accept CPU/motherboard for the price or they’d cancel.

I immediately left negative feedback and warned them that I would write eBay on the matter. I said I would consider revising the feedback if they honored the original deal. They came back with perhaps they could find compatible RAM. I gave them until Friday or I would request my money back from them and eBay.

It’s been two weeks. I’m definitely miffed about this.

I would leave feedback commensurate with your experience. If you had a not so great experience please leave that as feedback.

Reactions: MartinM

HindrikS

Jan 22, 2023
They finally responded. They told me that they could ship the cpu and motherboard but not the RAM and would not adjust the price.

I responded that I would accept paying the lowest combo price ($520) and they could not send me the RAM or they could substitute it with perhaps a faster speed and I would be open to paying a little more for that. They refused both and said either accept CPU/motherboard for the price or they’d cancel.

I immediately left negative feedback and warned them that I would write eBay on the matter. I said I would consider revising the feedback if they honored the original deal. They came back with perhaps they could find compatible RAM. I gave them until Friday or I would request my money back from them and eBay.

It’s been two weeks. I’m definitely miffed about this.

I would leave feedback commensurate with your experience. If you had a not so great experience please leave that as feedback.
Yeah l, they were a bit like that to me as well. But at least here in the EU it was still more expensive to buy ram separately. Either way, my board arrived. It looks to be brand new. Everything works as expected. I also got a 7302 instead of the 7302P cpu. The ram is also the expected 2666mhz samsung dimms. Everything works great. They definately should improve their customer service however. Will leave mixed feedback.

rumpelstilz

May 27, 2022
An update, my order shipped today via FedEx, due to arrive on Wednesday.
I ordered the lowest 2x 8GB RAM combo (530$) and since I was going to use my own sticks anyway, I told them the to skip the RAM without refund.
Even without RAM, it still beats the next best offer for this combo by about ~200$, so I didn't try to push my luck.

osrk

Sep 2, 2019
An update, my order shipped today via FedEx, due to arrive on Wednesday.
I ordered the lowest 2x 8GB RAM combo (530$) and since I was going to use my own sticks anyway, I told them the to skip the RAM without refund.
Even without RAM, it still beats the next best offer for this combo by about ~200$, so I didn't try to push my luck.
Mine just shipped this morning. You’re welcome, I’ve been pushing them hard on this. I don’t know if I didn’t raise the issue if they would have shipped it. I gave them a deadline of Friday or refund yesterday. I think they’re still making money on this just not as much as they would like, so they tried to haggle with us on RAM and such.
I’ll be glad to get it and will modify my feedback once received like I promised.

Reactions: rumpelstilz

Xiansmith

Mar 4, 2017
Update: I ordered from tugm4470, a 7402 (not a 7402P which is neat), H12SSL and 256GB of 2666 RAM. All was packed really well, took about a week to arrive to Canada (only had $13 of customs/duty fees) and all works. I set the RAM speed to 2933 to match the infinity fabric (received Samsung RAM), and memtest86 passed. I flashed the BIOS and BMC firmware, had to reset the BMC to get fan/sensor readings working. Seeing 48 threads in htop is neat.

So I'm another data point that tugm4470 is a good ebay seller.

Now to do some serious VM/LXC config to put this overkill server to use.

osrk

Sep 2, 2019
Update: I ordered from tugm4470, a 7402 (not a 7402P which is neat), H12SSL and 256GB of 2666 RAM. All was packed really well, took about a week to arrive to Canada (only had $13 of customs/duty fees) and all works. I set the RAM speed to 2933 to match the infinity fabric (received Samsung RAM), and memtest86 passed. I flashed the BIOS and BMC firmware, had to reset the BMC to get fan/sensor readings working. Seeing 48 threads in htop is neat.

So I'm another data point that tugm4470 is a good ebay seller.

Now to do some serious VM/LXC config to put this overkill server to use.
Yeah if this didn’t work out i was going order the same combo from him even if it was for a greater price, just on principal of not jerking people around. Again, I've ordered from him before for a CPU, it was a good experience and would order from him again.

He also confirmed they stole his WATERMARKED pictures. So all and all not a great look for the other seller.

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
He also confirmed they stole his WATERMARKED pictures. So all and all not a great look for the other seller.
that is not a big thing in china. the original owner can be proud, thats all what happens.

ano

Nov 7, 2022
I've bought 15 mobo/cpu combos from tugm4470 now, and some 7763 cpu alone, all been good.

such a random username though

Reactions: SDKita