Amazon Prime Members: Free Streaming TV Shows and Movies

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
I am guessing most people saw this, but Amazon.com is now offering free TV show and Movie streaming for Amazon Prime members ($80 annual subscription). I am already a Prime member so getting this for no additional cost was pretty cool.

odditory

Dec 23, 2010
Amazon is my 21st century addiction. I swear that prime pays for itself so many times over in a year, best deal going. Example I ordered an Onkyo receiver on a friday - a 60 lb beast mind you - and elected the $3.99 overnight and got it saturday. You have any idea how much overnight costs on a 60 lb. package - for SATURDAY delivery. obscene and i should be horsewhipped, i don't do that often though.

I swear if there's something I can buy at Target or Costco two blocks away, I'll still get it on amazon because free shipping + notax has enabled me to be THAT lazy.

xnoodle

Jan 4, 2011
Technically you're supposed to pay sales tax still odditory :p

Not that I do for out of state purchases.

I live in New York and get taxed for Amazon purchases so I don't order too much from Amazon. Mostly Newegg or eBay for me.

john4200

Jan 1, 2011
Which Onkyo receiver did you get? I've always liked the features in Onkyo receivers, but from what I have read it seems that most of them tend to run hotter than other brands, and I wonder about reliability.

odditory

Dec 23, 2010
Which Onkyo receiver did you get? I've always liked the features in Onkyo receivers, but from what I have read it seems that most of them tend to run hotter than other brands, and I wonder about reliability.
TX-NR3008. For the last month or so they'd been priced at $1149 which is ridiculous value for money considering $2100 MSRP. It was direct from Amazon. Not sure about heat issues since I put all my A/V stuff in a closet to remove living room clutter.

alinemike

Dec 30, 2014
Damn i wish i saw this the other day. I just bought a WD2000EARS for 99-20r = 79.99AR.