allow myself to introduce.....myself

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

jbraband

Feb 23, 2011
Hello servethehome!

I'm a new forum registrant and since I am going to poking around and asking a lot of questions I thought I would introduce myself a bit. My name is Jeremy and live in the northern midwest of the US. I have a WHSv1 box that is forcing me to start thinking about hardware upgrades by virtue of a failed (but now recovered) motherboard disk controller. In addition to new hardware, I am also looking at WHS2011 as a natural progression on the OS side of things.

my background is in computer science and lead a professional life as an application developer (mostly web-based). I have a large amount of experience with consumer-grade hardware and DIY builds, not much scares me in this arena.

my plan right now is to continue doing research the next couple days so i can get an estimate of costs and risks/benefits. I have a cornucopia of questions that range from hardware raid to hyper-v to WHS2011 RC1.

I've been a reader of STH for several months and always enjoy candid looks at more hardware than I could ever afford or utilize. I look forward to absorbing as much knowledge as I can from all of you.

Thanks ahead of time!

Jeremy

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Welcome Jeremy,

Happen to have any Wordpress development experience?

jbraband

Feb 23, 2011
i have never worked with it directly in terms of developing add-ons/plug-ins/whatever wp calls it. but i have downloaded, installed, and used it before. I'm familiar with everything there. shoot me a PM if you'd like with specifics of what you are thinking. I currently don't have gobs of free time, but enough to help out a bit.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Thanks for the heads-up. I am still spec'ing something for the site and am trying to figure out if I want to do it myself or just get someone to code it.