(All Sold) WTS/WTT: 8 TB Seagate Archive drives

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

sinisterDei

Mar 25, 2018
Houston, TX
Hiya!

I've got 10+ 8TB Seagate Archive HDDs for $140 each. I would also be willing to accept in trade 6TB hard drives in exchange for the 8TB units. I have need of a RAID array and the Archives don't play nice with those.

My preferred payment method would be Paypal, though I'll admit to having accepted a money order once in my life. I live in the Houston, TX area so that's where the drives would come from!

I'm sinister_dei over on Heat (Trader Reviews for sinister_dei | HeatWare.com) and sinisterDei over on [H]. I just figured out that STH had forums this morning when I was informed by someone, so now I'll have to start posting over here as well!

*edit* All drives have sold

Last edited:

zer0gravity

Feb 15, 2013
Have you tried something like ZFS / Storage Spaces? Both work for the 60x 8TB Archive drives I have. Running them from a Dell 3060E (2x) via SAS to server 2016 Storage Spaces.

I've also run ZFS on them with Napp-it but only for P.O.C.

Currently my NVR video dump as well as long term file storage for Veeam.

sinisterDei

Mar 25, 2018
Houston, TX
Unfortunately, neither of those solutions will work for me at the present. The place where the RAID array will live is unfortunately stuck running a client edition of Windows (10 Pro) via other software requirements, and the system is entirely self-contained on one server. In a magical world, I would love to split the roles up with a separate compute server versus something like FreeNAS for ZFS-hosted storage, but it's not in the cards at the moment. Thus, I need drives happy to live at the other end of a LSI-based RAID6 array. I'm just trying to lower the cost a bit by picking up some drives in trade for the ones I don't need, but at the end of the day I'll just end up buying however many drives I need that I don't get via trading!

cgtechuk

Dec 27, 2016
Unfortunately, neither of those solutions will work for me at the present. The place where the RAID array will live is unfortunately stuck running a client edition of Windows (10 Pro) via other software requirements, and the system is entirely self-contained on one server. In a magical world, I would love to split the roles up with a separate compute server versus something like FreeNAS for ZFS-hosted storage, but it's not in the cards at the moment. Thus, I need drives happy to live at the other end of a LSI-based RAID6 array. I'm just trying to lower the cost a bit by picking up some drives in trade for the ones I don't need, but at the end of the day I'll just end up buying however many drives I need that I don't get via trading!
How many do you have in total and are they all shucked from externals?