all I can say is "What are they thinking?" ...

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Evan

Jan 6, 2016
WTF :)
I was thinking it's not April fools is it before I even clicked the link.
Odd but interesting.
Next think will be MSX on Linux ?

pricklypunter

Nov 10, 2015
Canada
Personally I'm surprised M$ hasn't already split their server and desktop products, and rolled their own Linux distro. It seems to me that if they done that, all that GUI goodness that M$ users love and that M$ have been honing their skills on for decades would be a natural fit for today's economy. Instead of buying their desktop software, you would then have the option of an affordable route to official product support while giving birth to a whole new community of users. It could only benefit them as experience from other distro's is naturally added to the mix by evolution. It almost fits, what I personally think their concept of where win 10 is heading :)

m0bilitee

Dec 1, 2015
As I recall, SQL server is many many generations away from once being an offshoot of Sybase. The circle of life continues.

Marsh

May 12, 2013
Back in the 80's , when I joined Oracle
At one point, Informix , Sybase were superior in performance and reliability then Oracle.
I was wondering how we ever meet the deadlines. It was depressing time.

Microsoft were licensing Sybase intellectual property. Now, I am showing my age.

Reactions: Patrick and T_Minus

cesmith9999

Mar 26, 2013
Hedging is MS making more money than Google on every android phone that is sold...

Chris