EXPIRED All Gone for Now — HP SB t740 Thin Client Ryzen V1756B 8GB RAM 64GB

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

PD_ZFS-User

Jul 13, 2018
Lower RAM and flash memory, but I thought it was a good deal and bought one. Hard to know how many they’ll have at this price and configuration.

• Processor: AMD Ryzen V1756B with Radeon Vega 8 Graphics
  • 8GB DDR4L-2400 SDRAM
  • Flash Memory: 64GB
  • Memory Slots: 2 SODIMM
Condition:New - Good
This product passed technician inspection and may have minor blemishes.

Hat tip to Samir regarding watching/searching CDW Outlet

Cheers

Second Edit: Link updated, still had a T740 at $273.99 as of a couple of minutes ago. Also has one at a much higher price. Be careful to double check your selection.

Third Edit: Gone — Looks like no more available at $274 for now.

Last edited:

Himay

Apr 19, 2016
Can't add to cart. Am I doing something wrong?
Possible that it's already been snatched up? I had issues months ago on the outlet site trying to do the same despite multiple listings. Just had to try other ones (of which I'm not sure there is another T740 listed).

Reactions: Samir

PD_ZFS-User

Jul 13, 2018
Possible that it's already been snatched up? I had issues months ago on the outlet site trying to do the same despite multiple listings. Just had to try other ones (of which I'm not sure there is another T740 listed).
Yes, unfortunately that is possible. CDW’s Outlet site seems to list individual items of the same model, frequently at different prices. Then they seem to lower the prices over time. I haven’t figured out a pattern yet. I’m sorry it was so limited this time.

WANg

Jun 10, 2018
New York, NY
Still seeing two T740s at this link Thin Clients | CDW so it may be an issue with the account.
Or freaking CDW is trying to hedge their bets again. Note 2 different SKUs, one for immediate availability, one at several days later. That's actually the same manufacturer SKU as the one I picked up for 375+shipping (7NN06AT#ABA), so that's a substantial discount over what I paid already, and a freaking deal for a Ryzen 5 based super-NUC.

That being said, I can't seem to order it (yet) - I'll have to yell at CDW for this one. They got deals but not the sharpest bowling ball in the fruit salad.

Screen Shot 2020-05-04 at 4.04.07 PM.png

Last edited:

Bjorn Smith

Sep 3, 2019
r00t.dk
wow what a great website you link to.

403 Error:
Access
Forbidden

We’re sorry, but you don’t have access to this page.
Incident ID: 18.c5f7ef50.1588624155.1c117ffe

CURRENT_IP: 85.204.132.120

Current Time: 5/4/2020, 10:29:14 PM

Guess they only like americans, but a little less hostility would go a long way.

WANg

Jun 10, 2018
New York, NY
wow what a great website you link to.

403 Error:
Access
Forbidden

We’re sorry, but you don’t have access to this page.
Incident ID: 18.c5f7ef50.1588624155.1c117ffe

CURRENT_IP: 85.204.132.120

Current Time: 5/4/2020, 10:29:14 PM

Guess they only like americans, but a little less hostility would go a long way.
Well, it's an American company, the deal is probably applicable to the US (not even Canada), and that 403 is likely GDPR related.
AFAIK CDW's EU/UK operations are only limited to consulting and outsourced IT operations, not retail/channel partners hardware.

Bjorn Smith

Sep 3, 2019
r00t.dk
I cannot even access www.cdw.com - I mean what kind of hostility is that?

At least they could show me their home page - or redirect me to a sorry excuse for not wanting to do business - but just a HTTP Error page - that is ridiculus beyond compare.

GDPR that is BS and you know it. They just can't be bothered with anyone else but americans, which is fine - it is their company. But they could be less hostile about it is my point.

WANg

Jun 10, 2018
New York, NY
I cannot even access www.cdw.com - I mean what kind of hostility is that?

At least they could show me their home page - or redirect me to a sorry excuse for not wanting to do business - but just a HTTP Error page - that is ridiculus beyond compare.

GDPR that is BS and you know it. They just can't be bothered with anyone else but americans, which is fine - it is their company. But they could be less hostile about it is my point.

First of all, I said it's likely a GPDR issue - not that it is definitely the case.
Second - I just tried it via my VPN to endpoints in Montreal (no thin clients for the tabarnaks?), Chicago (their HQ), Hong Kong (just because), East London (no longer EU), Frankfurt, Milan, Strasbourg and Paris (definitely a part of...).

Screen Shot 2020-05-04 at 5.14.46 PM.png

It seems to be working fine for those locations - the only one showing a 403 so far seems to be traffic from the Netherlands and Switzerland. For all I know it could just be a temporary issue with Cloudflare or whatever provider they have in front of their web server. Not every technical issue attributable to an American company is "hostility". That's ridiculous.

Last edited:
Reactions: nthu9280 and Samir

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Yes, probably 100% chance. Outlet items are basically 1 per cdw part number. Sometimes more than one, but rarely. So when they are sold, they are gone.

Samir

Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Yes, unfortunately that is possible. CDW’s Outlet site seems to list individual items of the same model, frequently at different prices. Then they seem to lower the prices over time. I haven’t figured out a pattern yet. I’m sorry it was so limited this time.
So here's the deal--they will assign an individual cdw part number for each outlet item; and rarely, to a group of outlet items. The prices lower week by week-ish until they're between 50-90% off street prices (yes I said 90%), after which they are taken out of inventory and put on a liquidation pallet that a third party company auctions off for generally 50% off street prices (averaged over the pallet). The best deals are in the outlet before the pallet if you can get them.

So the game is to find something you like in the outlet, hopefully find a few more ahead of it of the same price, watch them until you know the price where they're moved out of the outlet and snipe the one you want at that lowest price, which is typically at least 50% of street prices. It seems like a lot of work, but these are for items that are fully considered new by manufacturers so you can get some serious deals. Like the 1500va cyberpower ups units I got with 3yr warranties on them for $70-something/ea shipped. Or the regular deals on storage I've picked up over the years, usually 2TB enterprise 5yr 7200 rpm sata drives for $40 shipped back then, and now picking up things like the most recent 8TB Exos sata for $147 out of the door--that's nearly easystore shuck prices (18.375/TB inc taxes/shipping), but for a real enterprise drive and warranty. And then I was able to recently upgrade my HP 8760w to 32gb for <$100 with some 8gb cosair modules that were cheaper than even the same model used on ebay. And on and on for the last decade or so. I only recently started posting deals because sometimes they were so tempting even though I had no need for the stuff and thanks to places like the great deals forums someone else can benefit. And benefit one can with a little bit of effort. ;)

So watch that second thin client because in about 3 weeks it will hit the same $274 price mark. ;)

Reactions: fossxplorer

Samir

Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Hm...it might be an issue with the account that I am using...not sure.

View attachment 13920
Yeah, you will want to call them.

And for outlet orders you generally want to call them anyways to check on the stock before ordering. Because the outlet items stock isn't as real-time as their normal inventory and can already be allocated when you place an online order. And then you get the let down a week later letting you know this is what happened. Better to call in, check stock, place the order, make sure the inventory is allocated to your order and then you're set. Yes, another bit of work, but I find it less work than paying full price. ;)

And even calling them, it still can sometimes not work out. My first order for the exos drive was cancelled because it was allocated to another order. :( Then I saw it pop up again showing as being in stock with the same part number. I called in and placed the order asking what might have happened. The answer was that they probably couldn't find it, so the original person that ordered had their order cancelled and somewhere, somehow it was found and put back into inventory. And that's when I ordered and got it. Just 200hrs on it and full warranty goodness for a few phone calls and f5 presses. :)

Reactions: fossxplorer