EXPIRED All Gone for Now — HP SB t740 Thin Client Ryzen V1756B 8GB RAM 64GB

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
No dice, mine won't ship. The guy Sean Nelson (pretty rude I should say) was giving me some BS for quite some time about "we can't drop it that low" and "we ran out of stock", even though the same product is now sold for $200 more. At the end he just left the chat session. Never again CDW, and this was my first purchase.
On outlet items there's typically one at that price because it's not completely new and is typically a return. Once that is sold you're sol. Not much they can do about it after that so if you keep pushing them they're bound to get rude as any cs agent getting pushed would.

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Yes, they did charge my card. And I don't have a corporate account rep to help me out. My strategy after running into a business like this is to stay away. For years I've resisted purchasing anything from these guys for a reason, and finally gave in just for this deal.
Interesting that your card was charged as they typically only do that when they ship an item. You may have actually gotten the item then.

WANg

Jun 10, 2018
New York, NY
Interesting that your card was charged as they typically only do that when they ship an item. You may have actually gotten the item then.
Meh, I kept a fairly hands-off attitude with my order - it’s not urgent at all for me whatsoever, and frankly, calling attention to something like this will likely fubar it all up. I save my call to the sales rep for the urgent stuff, like short timelines on something that I need sorting out now. Or cluing her to the fact that someone thought it's a good idea to require whitelists for foreign entities to check your US based pricing. Well, that'll just require someone with ill-intent to use stolen credit card # to get VPN access (or use a tor endpoint) prior to messing with you.

Chances are good that fulfillment didn’t really know precisely how many pieces are coming out of refurb/clearance/lease termination return, and sales probably don’t want to overcommit (at least not to retail customers without past sales history). Considering how big their operations are underneath the surface I am not surprised by this at all. With Chicago still under lockdown and Illinois still not cresting with COVID the sales reps are mostly working from home, and it’s not like they run to the depot to take a quick peek.

At the very least it’s a week old credit card hold until they work it out. If they have one they can send me at the quoted price? Great. if not, they back out of the transaction and I get the hold released.

Oh yeah, I found out why CDW.com was blocked overseas but in an inconsistent and ridiculous manner - it’s their overzealous security team requiring customers with foreign offices to whitelist networks or else face a 403. That's not arrogance or hostility - that's idiocy.

Last edited:

WANg

Jun 10, 2018
New York, NY
Anyone else receive theirs? My order was cancelled after being on hold for 2 weeks. No biggie for me as I already have a t740 - just want to see how many others received theirs.