EXPIRED All Gone for Now — HP SB t740 Thin Client Ryzen V1756B 8GB RAM 64GB

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

A91ood

May 4, 2020
I've been on the hunt for a fiber connected zero client for VMware. 10zig refuses to answer emails.

Reactions: Samir

Kristian

Jun 1, 2013
Is there a (US based) long time member of this board that would forward one of those to Germany (I would pay for all expenses upfront). Still not sure if I want to pull the trigger on one of those

fossxplorer

Mar 17, 2016
Oslo, Norway
Regarding cdw.com, I am denied access from Norway as well. If they do not want to sell to customers from certain countries, there are other ways to achieve it than blocking like this. Really bad I would say. But it might be a config error too (GeoIP), who knows.

WANg

Jun 10, 2018
New York, NY
I ended up springing for new 10zig 6000 series with fiber. Little expensive but we are doing dual monitor 4k@60hz

Their fiber sfp is 2.5gbe in case anyone was wondering.
Hm. Which specific model? 10Zig tends to recycle their series designation, and I remember a 6000 series machine at an old gig that had a ruddy old Via Nano in them. Also, any details on which SFP module they installed in them? From what I remember they are all MiniPCIe within.

WANg

Jun 10, 2018
New York, NY
Regarding cdw.com, I am denied access from Norway as well. If they do not want to sell to customers from certain countries, there are other ways to achieve it than blocking like this. Really bad I would say. But it might be a config error too (GeoIP), who knows.
Well, I kinda doubt its GDPR related. If it is, they have a subsidiary from the UK (uk.cdw.com) that can handle the traffic for now (oh well, hard crash-out in 2021, huh Boris?). This is curious since the company mentioned its footprint in 150+ countries worldwide.

Screen Shot 2020-05-05 at 5.31.46 PM.png

Oddly enough, if it's EU related, then certain countries which are EU member states (France, Germany, Poland, Spain) where it works, countries that are not in the EU where it doesn't work (Iceland, Norway, Serbia, Switzerland and Turkey), and parts of the EU where it doesn't (Denmark/Sweden/Netherlands/Portugal). Hell, I've seen issues with countries where it's totally not in Europe with this problem (...Israel?)

I actually pinged my CDW rep earlier to ask about this earlier.

PigLover

Jan 26, 2011
Its likely a US Export Control issue (does the t740 have a TPM installed - crypto triggers export controls). I've had eBay global shipping refuse shipment for certain items to Finland and Norway and their explanation was that because the item had TPM installed it couldn't be shipped there.

Silly really.

WANg

Jun 10, 2018
New York, NY
Its likely a US Export Control issue (does the t740 have a TPM installed - crypto triggers export controls). I've had eBay global shipping refuse shipment for certain items to Finland and Norway and their explanation was that because the item had TPM installed it couldn't be shipped there.

Silly really.
No, this is more like the entire CDW.com website (except uk.cdw.com) being unavailable for certain countries outside the US, and without any rhyme nor reason. The thin client is definitely sold in Europe. CDW also sell waaay more than just thin clients.

Besides, AMD Ryzen embedded APUs have an encrypted MMU feature, so even without a TPM it already features cryptographic hardware.

Last edited:

A91ood

May 4, 2020
Hm. Which specific model? 10Zig tends to recycle their series designation, and I remember a 6000 series machine at an old gig that had a ruddy old Via Nano in them. Also, any details on which SFP module they installed in them? From what I remember they are all MiniPCIe within.

6048qf-4800 is what I ordered. I provide my own sfp module. They support speeds up to 2.5gbe max. It comes bare sfp+. They claim dual 4k @ 60hz. I've got the VDI server to handle it so we will see.

zack$

Aug 16, 2018
6048qf-4800 is what I ordered. I provide my own sfp module. They support speeds up to 2.5gbe max. It comes bare sfp+. They claim dual 4k @ 60hz. I've got the VDI server to handle it so we will see.
Mind sharing what under the hood of the vdi server?

A91ood

May 4, 2020
Mind sharing what under the hood of the vdi server?
Dell r730
Dual Nvidia Quadro RTX 6000
2x pcie x8 to 2 nvme Samsung drives (4 total drives, 2 vdws on each nvme)
384GB RAM DDR4-2400
VMware horizon 7

Last edited:

WANg

Jun 10, 2018
New York, NY
Oh, it's either an RJ45 ethernet port OR an SFP slot? Interesting. Let me know how that runs - 10Zig is a little secretive when it coms to public info on their hardware.

A91ood

May 4, 2020
Oh, it's either an RJ45 ethernet port OR an SFP slot? Interesting. Let me know how that runs - 10Zig is a little secretive when it coms to public info on their hardware.
Details on the website suck but if you contact them they are very friendly and helpful.

mimino

Nov 2, 2018
No dice, mine won't ship. The guy Sean Nelson (pretty rude I should say) was giving me some BS for quite some time about "we can't drop it that low" and "we ran out of stock", even though the same product is now sold for $200 more. At the end he just left the chat session. Never again CDW, and this was my first purchase.

WANg

Jun 10, 2018
New York, NY
No dice, mine won't ship. The guy Sean Nelson (pretty rude I should say) was giving me some BS for quite some time about "we can't drop it that low" and "we ran out of stock", even though the same product is now sold for $200 more. At the end he just left the chat session. Never again CDW, and this was my first purchase.

Did they charge your card before they drop the order? My strategy for dealing with CDW was to sic' my corporate account rep at their allocations team...sometimes it helps, other times, at least you get an apology and a bag of swag.

Last edited:

mimino

Nov 2, 2018
Did they charge your card before they drop the order? My strategy for dealing with CDW was to sic' my corporate account rep at their allocations team...sometimes it helps, other times, at least you get an apology and a bag of swag.
Yes, they did charge my card. And I don't have a corporate account rep to help me out. My strategy after running into a business like this is to stay away. For years I've resisted purchasing anything from these guys for a reason, and finally gave in just for this deal.