Alibaba NAS cases

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Bjorn Smith

Sep 3, 2019
r00t.dk
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone have tried ordering a "NAS" case from alibaba and what their experience has been?

I know most shit is built in china anyway.

I found this case - looks well organized - but its too bad that it uses SATA connectors + MOLEX for power:

There are lot of cases, that look exactly like the "name brand" cases, which is probably what they are, just without the name.

This one looks kind of like a U-NAS case

Or short depth rack mount 12 bay

Last edited:

PigLover

Jan 26, 2011
This one looks kind of like a U-NAS case
That one actually looks better designed than the U-NAS chassis (can't vouch for the construction quality, of course). At least in this chassis you get some hope of airflow over the MB. You can install add-in cards in a way that makes sense. And the MB tray slides out so you can work on it without cutting up your hands or having the disassemble the whole case.

Bjorn Smith

Sep 3, 2019
r00t.dk
Yeah - I prefer the first one, simply because it uses 120mm fans - but then again having the motherboard above the drives might be a bad idea, since heat rises :) But then again - I could just make it stand up instead :)