Advice needed on case and coolers for dual Xeon WS

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

UnlistedUser

Jun 9, 2017
LA - USA
Hello STH friends. I have been a lurker for a while, mainly in the Sale and Deals section.

I desire a case and cooler solution for my dual XEON 2670 WS. I am using an Asrock EP2C602-4L/D16 motherboard. Currently my build is on a custom aluminum tray/bench. Cooling is optimum as it's open air, but noise and and the fact that this is crowding my desk has lead to my desire to put everything in a case and tuck it away in a corner of my office.

Right now, I don't see any higher rated, reasonably priced case besides the Phanteks Enthoo Pro that will fit this board and coolers. Anyone have a suggestion of a similar sized case, but maybe even cheaper?

Next, what coolers are you using on your e5-2670s? I am looking for good performance, smaller footprint, and quiet - able to fit in a dual setup. I currently have a couple Zalman coolers that perform fine, but are quite loud and tower above everything else. I am looking at Cooler Master Hyper 212x or Noctua NH-U12DXi4s coolers. There is quite a contrast in price between those, and I wanted to know if the expense of the Noctua coolers is really worth it in terms of cooling these XEONs quietly.

StammesOpfer

Mar 15, 2016
I'm running Hyper 212 evo's on my dual 2670 workstation they work just fine, don't get too loud and does the job.

Case is a HAF XB evo which only fits an ATX board so no help there for you. I just liked that it kept the board lying flat.

UnlistedUser

Jun 9, 2017
LA - USA