Adata 1TB SSD TLC $249 NEW

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

adnan

Apr 23, 2017
I don't know too much about this Adata. I wish someone would chime in on their usage. We only use the 850s and Ultra iis.

Evan

Jan 6, 2016
Micron TLC VNAND... but it's a provider aiming to hit a Low price point so you can bet it's not the best binned NAND. By Q1/Q2 2017 prices not bad but still unless you just need an SSD for storage I would otherwise go for something else from Samsung/Intel/Sandisk etc

adnan

Apr 23, 2017
Micron TLC VNAND... but it's a provider aiming to hit a Low price point so you can bet it's not the best binned NAND. By Q1/Q2 2017 prices not bad but still unless you just need an SSD for storage I would otherwise go for something else from Samsung/Intel/Sandisk etc
I've had a pretty good experience with Samsung and Sandisk. I read about a problem with the 850 pro 512 on mdraid. As for the Intel, they are so expensive, I just say, get 2 for the price of 1 for now.

If I can get 3 years of life out of them, they have served their purpose. The oldest batch we have is from Nov-2015 with no problems yet.

Lately the price of SSDs is going up every day. I think it's at its peak right now. Just a couple of months ago I was getting the Sandisk 480 Gb for around $100, now they are like $145.

Evan

Jan 6, 2016
If it's just storage will last forever.
I would not use them as a cache drive or anything like that, besides performance under load is not great

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
They're low end consumer drive there's absolutely 0 debate these do not belong in a home lab, home server and def. not any sort of business server. The 850 Pro even in a very small business environment often will slow when more than a couple users are doing things with files on the drives. I did a quick google and there are plenty benchmarks/tests out there for these drives dropping below 5k iops during usage. Intel may cost more but you get 2x minimum performance increase with their lower end lower capacity drives! Step it up to the fan favorite on these forums (S3700) and you're looking at nearly 10x the performance during usage than this adata, even from half capacity Intel drive!

Reactions: BackupProphet

sno.cn

Sep 23, 2016
I wouldn't recommend these, especially with so many ~1TB enterprise SSDs on eBay for the same price or cheaper, and way better performance. Any kind of sustained writes are going to be abysmal, even compared to other TLC parts, at least in my experience.