ACL Problem with Symlinks in Windows

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

chris

Jan 15, 2013
Germany
zfs-server.de
I need some help, because I have a problem with ACLs on my SMB-Shares for media in Windows.

SMB-Share was activated via napp-it without guest access. Permissions was set for root and a local user (full access). Connecting with the local user under Windows works fine and Permissions are correct (deleting of files and folders possible).

Here is my Problem: I wnat to use the libary function of windows with it. Therefor I can´t simply add the network location to the libary, because Windows can not index the files in there. But there is a litte trick. I created a symlink to the nas location and put it into the libary. Everything works fine. The only problem is permissions! If I click the Security-Properties, I only see the SIDs of the permitted users -> If I do this when I connect the share directly I see the names of root and my local user and everything works fine (e.g. deleting of folders and files).
Has everyone a suggestion about that?

Last edited: