Acer Veriton X4620/G (B75H2-AD) and X6620G/X (Q77H2-AD) and ECS EliteGroup B75H2-D

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

moriel5

Aug 4, 2019
Interestingly, the Acer Veriton X4620/X4620G (B75H2-AD) and the X6620G/X6620X (Q77H2-AD) seem to share the exact same board, sans the chipset, and the ECS EliteGroup B75H2-D appears to be a cut down version of the B75H2-AD (2x USB2 headers instead of 1xUSB+1xUSB3 headers, DVI-D instead of DVI-I, 1xVGA instead of 1xRS232+2xDisplayPort).

Does anyone know the relation between ECS and Acer?

Also, it would be quite interesting, as ECS's firmware GUI is more advanced than Acer's (as expected), including additional features, if someone was to make a frankenstein firmware, taking Acer's updates (and possibly better code?) together with ECS's GUI (and additional updates), and adapt it to Acer's boards.

If this is plausible, these could be very capable DTX boards for SFF use-cases (Acer and Dell both have great SFF cases that could be reused (though Dell's front I/O would have to be modded with standard connectors, and in Dell's case, LFX power supplies would be needed (I believe Acer used SFX power supplies).

Edit: Spelling mistake fixed: "frankestein" to "frankenstein".

Last edited:

moriel5

Aug 4, 2019
It appears that Dell's PSUs in their x90-x010 lineup are not completely compliant with the LFX standard, since they are deeper than the spec calls for.

More information about them can be found on Wikipedia (I added the information) and GitHub (I have a repository dedicated to this):