Access to 2-disk mirrors denied

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

chris47

Oct 19, 2021
Hi All

I've just edited my original post of 19 October 2021 to see if I could improve my chance of getting help

I have been running 2 Freenas 2-disk mirror PC's for a number of years (final version 11.3-U5). The 1st Freenas PC (EMC-FREENAS-11) backed up a Windows 7 Pro x64 PC & the 2nd Freenas PC (BLACK-FREENAS) backed up the 1st Freenas PC (EMC-FREENAS-11) using Allway Sync 21.0.9 Pro.
I used owner=root & group=wheel with 'guest' access on the original Win 7 PC

I upgraded the Windows PC to Windows 10 Pro x64 & discovered that I'd lost access to both of the Freenas PC's (something about Win 10 doesn't allow use of 'guest' access).

The only way I could regain access to each mirror was to create a new dataset for each 2-disk mirror to allow me to edit permissions, choosing a new owner=xxxxxxx (not showing for security reasons) & group=media. Now I could backup my Windows 10 PC but ONLY to the datasets I just created. The backups created when my PC was Windows 7 were visible but no longer accessible (see attached screenshot). I wanted to delete these old backups as they were of no use to me but I'm prevented from doing so due to the access issue.

Is there any way I can login under the previous owner=root to gain access to these old backup mirrors & delete their contents (folders)? I'm not familiar with the intracies of the shell commands of Freenas/Truenas so please keep any advice simple

ps

I've just upgrade my Freenas 11.3-U5 to Truenas 12.0 U6

Attachments

Last edited: