about missing manuals around Illumian, OpenIndiana and napp-it

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

gea

Dec 31, 2010
DE
I'm aware, that my english is not perfect but i suppose it does not help if i write manuals in perfect German (my mother language). I invite all to help with a better manual - related to napp-it as well as Illumian and OpenIndiana regarding language and content.

Recently I started to move my manuals to bookie.cc see http://booki.cc/illumian-openindiana-napp-it-the-missing-manual/_info/ where it is possible to collaborate writing manuals under a open licence. I invite all to help writing manuals not only about napp-it but also about things in OpenIndiana and the difference to Ilumian or Solaris 11 (this is the annoying part). You can also start books there. Linking between them may give a manual some day replacing Oracle docs (the differences are growing) or the old OpenSolaris bible (too outdated)

If you or other likes editing access, please send a mail to gea@napp-it.org

Jay69

Feb 6, 2012
It would be good to start with ZFS and NAPP-IT, and move backward. Would be glad to help once I get a bit more familiar with NAPP-IT and the setup.

I'm aware, that my english is not perfect but i suppose it does not help if i write manuals in perfect German (my mother language). I invite all to help with a better manual - related to napp-it as well as Illumian and OpenIndiana regarding language and content.

Recently I started to move my manuals to bookie.cc see http://booki.cc/illumian-openindiana-napp-it-the-missing-manual/_info/ where it is possible to collaborate writing manuals under a open licence. I invite all to help writing manuals not only about napp-it but also about things in OpenIndiana and the difference to Ilumian or Solaris 11 (this is the annoying part). You can also start books there. Linking between them may give a manual some day replacing Oracle docs (the differences are growing) or the old OpenSolaris bible (too outdated)

If you or other likes editing access, please send a mail to gea@napp-it.org

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
gea... I really want to do a how-to series with OI/ napp-it in 2012. Hopefully that will be my contribution.

gea

Dec 31, 2010
DE
gea... I really want to do a how-to series with OI/ napp-it in 2012. Hopefully that will be my contribution.
Patrick - thanks, your articles are at highest quality.
i will refer to it in the distribution itself