A1SRi-2758F - No disk emulation set in IPMI Web GUI?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

frogtech

Jan 4, 2016
I have this board that's updated to the latest BMC/BIOS but whenever I try to mount remote ISOs, the devices 1, 2, and 3 still show "no disk emulation set" after attempting to mount. When I save the configuration all looks good but it simply won't mount. I had to use IPMIView with the Java console to mount a remote image.

Any similar experiences?

Reactions: csnaze

ericloewe

Apr 24, 2017
Good question, I've never actually heard of anyone getting this to work throughout several lines of Supermicro motherboards.

frogtech

Jan 4, 2016
I think I did get it to work, but it was just random, and I don't really remember what the fix was. I did everything I could think of and eventually something just worked. Using a super simple user account, a super simple password (think something like abc123), hostnames, IP addresses. Simplifying the naming of the .iso file. Etc. I haven't touched it in a while but I still have a board, if I get around to it i'll test it out.