A1SAi-2750F Will not power up

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Arrogant

Jan 11, 2014
So I am trying to put together this board, and it will not power up. I have removed everything where it is only the board and the psu. When I turn on the pus the lights on the nics flash, and then a few seconds later the BMC LED hearbeat LED begins to blink like it is supposed to, but nothing else ever happens. I have it powered off of Corsair CX600, any ideas anyone? Very frustrated.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
I had this on my first sample. Ended up being the PST if I recall.

Try using a different PSU and only the 20/24 pin ATX power cable. Also. Try running the motherboard as a test atop the anti static bag to rule out a short being the issue.

Arrogant

Jan 11, 2014
PST? What is that? I tried the paper clip method and the psu could power up a ssd, so I am guessing it is not the power supply, though I will try a different one tomorrow. What do you mean run it as a test? Just run mobo alone and new psu on the anti static bag?

Fargo

Apr 21, 2013
I had the exact same issue with mine ! Contacted support and they asked me to RMA it. The replacement works fine

Arrogant

Jan 11, 2014
Hey Fargo, did you process RMA through Supermicro itself or the retailer you bought it from? Just wondering because I got the email from supermicro to proceed with RMA, and I submitted one to superbiiz.com as well. If this is an issue with multiple boards I am thinking it is better to proceed through Supermicro itself as they know of the issue and will probably send me a board that actually works, any thoughts on this? Which channel I will have better luck with?

Arrogant

Jan 11, 2014
Anyone have any ideas about where to RMA for this? Is it possible to RMA through supermicro itself, or do I have to go through the retailer if I am an end user?

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Last time I had to RMA a few years ago I went through SM.

Arrogant

Jan 11, 2014
Wow, this is irritating, the new board does the exact same thing. I wonder if its the power supply. Maybe i will go to microcenter and buy a different one tomorrow to check it out. I don't understand this. Been super careful so it cant be static. Any ideas with this? I did the paper clip test with the power supply and the fan starts spinning in the power supply, so I am assuming that cannot be it right? I tried running it atop the anti static bag, and that does not work. Is the power supply just not compatible? Can I really have two dead boards? I mean really?

Last edited:

Arrogant

Jan 11, 2014
The more research I am doing it seems some people do have some issues with corsair power supplies and SM boards. Microcenter has supermicro power supplies so I am going to buy one of those tomorrow. Maybe that will fix the problem, i really hope, this is ridiculous.

Last edited:

OBasel

Dec 28, 2010
Classic symptom of a PSU issue as mentioned above. Rarely two boards are bad.

Arrogant

Jan 11, 2014
Not sure. Just connected a supermicro PSU, and it does the exact same thing. This is fustrating. The only thing now is bad ram maybe, but both sticks are bad? Just highly unlikely both boards are bad, really weird.

PigLover

Jan 26, 2011
Sure you got the right ram? ECC UDIMM required. Board will not function with non-ECC or with RDIMM.

If the BMC light flashes then it is alive. Have you tried connecting the IPMI to your LAN and logging into it? You might have a BMC log that shows why its no-POST.

Arrogant

Jan 11, 2014
I have not done that. Yes, I am using ECC memory. THe kingston valueram specifically. I mean this is confusing the hell out of me. All I have is the 24 pin at connected, and the ram, and it wont go. Disconnected everything. Let me see what comes of trying to connect the ipmi.

Arrogant

Jan 11, 2014
So the IPMI tool was able to find it, and connect to it, though nothing showed in the event log. Then maybe after 2 minutes it seems to disconnect, and I cannot do anything. Its weird. I can research for it, and add it again, but again after two minutes it seems to disconnect, or time out.

Arrogant

Jan 11, 2014
OMG, not sure what I did, but all the sudden it is on. IPMI idea was the best ever piglover. No idea who you are, but dude right now your my best friend on earth. JEsus, ok now time to start building this thing.

mobilenvidia

Sep 25, 2011
New Zealand
I have not done that. Yes, I am using ECC memory. THe kingston valueram specifically. I mean this is confusing the hell out of me. All I have is the 24 pin at connected, and the ram, and it wont go. Disconnected everything. Let me see what comes of trying to connect the ipmi.
Do you need to also plug in the extra 4 pin PSU connector beside the 24 pin one on Mobo ?, this would most likely be the CPU power supply rails
A normal board will not power up if the extra PSU supply is not plugged in.
Just a thought

Arrogant

Jan 11, 2014
So, the thing is, it seems to only turn on via IPMI, can this be changed in the bios somewhere?

PigLover

Jan 26, 2011
Glad I could help.

I don't think there is any bios option to allow/not allow power on from the front panel connector. Normally shorting the power switch pins on the front panel connector works.

Arrogant

Jan 11, 2014
I will try it later, just want to get it up and running first. It really isnt that big of a deal to me if it is only ipmi as I dont plan on having a keyboard/monitor connected anyway.