A new build with a Supermicro X11SPH-NCTPF, or is there something newer?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

MrRedHat

May 25, 2012
I haven't built a system in over a decade. My current Xeon server is well over a decade old, so I'm in the market for a new system. I like SuperMicro boards and stopped at their website and get presented with about a zillion options. I narrow down the options to what I'm looking for and come across the: Supermicro X11SPH-NCTPF

The Supermicro X11SPH-NCTPF has all options I'm looking for even down to the SPF+, I have a fiber switch and this would fit in really nice with it.

The only concern I have with it is that it's a board that was reviewed on STH in 2017. Is this still a valid board to get these days or is there a newer model out that I'm missing? Back in the old days, four years was the difference between Pentium and a 386. I don't want to spend $500 on a 386. :)

Tcalp

Oct 15, 2020
That is by no means a mainstream board, I'd look to find something that is/was mainstream and see if you can't pick it up at a discount. Having the SPF+ onboard is by no means a dealbreaker IMO.