>900watt Desktop UPS?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

IamSpartacus

Mar 14, 2016
If it has USB connection to the PC you could program it to stop mining immediately when on battery, then wait a while for power to come back and either resume when AC comes back, or shutdown. Might make for an interesting project.

Personally I never worried about putting my miners on an UPS; I just set everything to auto start the system after power loss and configure everything to start mining as soon as booting is complete. Of course for workstation/ZFS use in addition to mining I'd definitely do what you're doing.

How would I achieve starting/stopping xmrstak using the UPS software? I don't see any options manipulating software through the Cyberpower software.

Last edited:

EffrafaxOfWug

Radioactive Member
Feb 12, 2015
Is using a different software stack for the UPS (e.g. NUT) feasible? I use NUT myself on my windows workstation (as a client though, server duties performed by linux) and that can be quite easily configured to run arbitrary commands on changes in power state.

IamSpartacus

Mar 14, 2016
Is using a different software stack for the UPS (e.g. NUT) feasible? I use NUT myself on my windows workstation (as a client though, server duties performed by linux) and that can be quite easily configured to run arbitrary commands on changes in power state.
Honestly I hadn't thought about that as an option. I've never really used any type of software stack for a UPS other than the one it was built for so I didn't know this was an option. So to use NUT you need server and client setup?

EffrafaxOfWug

Radioactive Member
Feb 12, 2015
Honestly I hadn't thought about that as an option. I've never really used any type of software stack for a UPS other than the one it was built for so I didn't know this was an option. So to use NUT you need server and client setup?
Yes, but server and client can happily sit on the same node; for instance, my main linux server is running the nut server and client packages, and my windows workstation runs the nut client and talks to nut on my linux server. The client can be configured to do all manner of gubbins when it receives the power alert crit. Documentation - especially under windows - isn't especially common or clear (and I have up trying to get it to play ball with SSL aeons ago) but it certainly seems to work.

Whether it would work in your scenario I'm not sure but it's worth looking into I think.