8TB SAS 25 USD + 13USD shipping, great deal for lot

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Hey everyone, I'm looking into freight forwarding into AU and if it doesn't work out, I'll cancel my order for 12, which means there should ne more up for grabs :)
I wouldn't cancel the order--just sell it to someone for how much you paid and give the seller that address. :) That way, the seller can't jack up the price and spoil the deal.

Reactions: 89giop

Richard Wad

Feb 7, 2017
Hey everyone, I'm looking into freight forwarding into AU and if it doesn't work out, I'll cancel my order for 12, which means there should ne more up for grabs :)
Ebay has international shipping options available if the seller chooses it for their auction. Not sure if it can be utilized after it ends.
I was too slow and would have loved to have a few of them. Smashing deal.

Reactions: Samir

VMman

Jun 26, 2013
Unfortunately the seller wants to move these quickly and did not want to explore that route.

I'm still trying to organise freight forwarding. If not, I'll see if someone here wants to help forward and maybe they could keep a couple of drives :)

Failing that, I can also do what @Samir suggested above to help someone else But I'd have to work out the logistics of that.
Pm sent

Marsh

May 12, 2013
Monday night before I went to bed, I made an offer $15 each for 12 drives + shipping.
Woke up Tuesday morning , $15 each offer accepted, and listing was sold out.

• Wow
Reactions: Samir and T_Minus

Marsh

May 12, 2013
I did not really like the deal due to NO return. If 1 or 2 8TB drives went south, you lose.
Also did not like the high cost of shipping.

So I put in a low ball offer of $12 and $15 each.
Surprise that $15 offer got accepted.

TrumanHW

Sep 16, 2018
What is the secret to find such deals through all the junk on eBay :)

Use the iOS app called

eBay Watch. If you pay, they notify you of deals that match your criteria the second they're posted.

I've made about $10,000 just saying all the OEM PN for the SM951 when high perf. in AHCIs were still a hot commodity.
As someone who buys and sells for a living, it's always been my policy never to share this app with people ... IMO, it's that powerful.

Sure ... you'll see some good deals on auctions.

But THE BEST deals you'll see in the completed section ..? Are those that someone under valued while another guy just happened to be looking.

That app does for buyers what facebook etc did for hot girls. lol. It's started literally creating an "Efficient Market."

• Haha

Bert

Mar 31, 2018
Use the iOS app called

eBay Watch. If you pay, they notify you of deals that match your criteria the second they're posted.

I've made about $10,000 just saying all the OEM PN for the SM951 when high perf. in AHCIs were still a hot commodity.
As someone who buys and sells for a living, it's always been my policy never to share this app with people ... IMO, it's that powerful.

Sure ... you'll see some good deals on auctions.

But THE BEST deals you'll see in the completed section ..? Are those that someone under valued while another guy just happened to be looking.

That app does for buyers what facebook etc did for hot girls. lol. It's started literally creating an "Efficient Market."
Is this the one?

Reactions: TrumanHW and Samir

cptcrunch

Dec 14, 2021
Kentucky
Got my 4 drives in and I'm not having a lot of luck with them. The drives are "secured" and thus locked, and only my Dell T330 with H730 can see them. I've been trying to cryptographic erase them, but i keep getting errors in iDrac and H730 controller management.

In the H730 controller, I go to Physical Device, Operations, Secure Erase, and attempt to perform the cryptographic erase. Then I get an error "Cryptographic Erase 48 : operation failed! Error code 0x48"

• Sad
Reactions: Samir and Bert

cptcrunch

Dec 14, 2021
Kentucky
Haven't gotten into Linux, as admittedly i'm not sure what I'd do in there to fix the issue.

Loading up into Windows and running MegaRaid, I get the Instant Secure Erase, but then the same error "0x48" with a "security subsystem problems detected for PD 0" error immediately following.

I've tried everything that I can do/think of. So I guess these will need to go back? Pretty crazy to me that I can't just securely wipe these and reuse them, seems like an ewaste issue in the same of security.

Marsh

May 12, 2013
I have not received my drives yet.
So I am in the same boat.

Here are links that I collected over the years. My be some help

sg_format --format --fmtpinfo=0 /dev/sda
use /dev/sda instead /dev/sg1

sedutils

----yesIreallywanttoERASEALLmydatausingthePSID <PSID> <device>
revert the device using the PSID. *ERASING* *ALL* the data

Windows example

Ensure you get the case of the text correct. The PSID should all be capitalised, it is a long number be careful and ensure you type it in correctly.

sedutil-cli --yesIreallywanttoERASEAllmydatausingthePSID XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX \\.\PhysicalDriveX

edutil-cli --yesIreallywanttoERASEAllmydatausingthePSID 1451HEQY2PWXL7NQCLPCZLBMLFY05VSU \\.\PhysicalDrive1