8TB Easystore USB HDDs @ BestBuy/eBay $120

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

BLinux

cat lover server enthusiast
Jul 7, 2016
artofserver.com

Spartacus

May 27, 2019
Austin, TX
I picked up 2 of them for pickup tomorrow, hoping they might even go to $110 for black friday (i'll just do a 'return' and 'rebuy' if so since they dont do any price matching on BF).
My i/o panel for the X10SRA-F i ordered finally came in, its all filling ou for my backup unraid box, so need to expand the main one.

Reactions: Samir

josh

Oct 21, 2013
Damnit sold out on ebay. Was going to see if they cancelled orders placed to forwarders on ebay as well.

Mam89

Jan 14, 2016
SoCal
In for one, free shipping next day :D
I've been needing a backup device to move my VMs off my single Proxmox host. Going to configure that host as a FreeNAS box and run iscsi to compute nodes without local storage.

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
This is now tempting for me to stack with the 10% ebay bucks.
HMMMM

e97

Jun 3, 2015
BestBuy:
cc members 10% off first day or 18-months financing
AmEx $30 off $300

eBay:
$15 off $75 TURNITAPP OR $15 of $75 TRIPLETHRILL
10% eBay Bucks

Google Express:
20% off (max $20) NOVSAVE19

Some ideas for ya come black friday

Reactions: Samir and adminmat

josh

Oct 21, 2013
I'd like to update people who need these forwarded out of the US. BB's ebay store has different policies from their online store. They will ship to forwarders. Mine are on the way.

Mam89

Jan 14, 2016
SoCal
Got my drive yesterday, opened it up and was surprised to hear a tictak (little plastic tab) bouncing around inside. With a little dread, I plugged it into my workstation and did a basic scan on it to made sure everything was okay. No bad sectors, drive works, 100% good (whew!). Set up Veeam Community to pull my Proxmox VM VHDs, should be all backed up by the time I get home today :D

adminmat

Sep 1, 2019
Got my drive yesterday, opened it up and was surprised to hear a tictak (little plastic tab) bouncing around inside. With a little dread, I plugged it into my workstation and did a basic scan on it to made sure everything was okay. No bad sectors, drive works, 100% good (whew!). Set up Veeam Community to pull my Proxmox VM VHDs, should be all backed up by the time I get home today :D
Are you shucking? I hope it wasn't returned with a blue drive etc. May want to check.

Reactions: Samir and Spartacus

Spartacus

May 27, 2019
Austin, TX
Are you shucking? I hope it wasn't returned with a blue drive etc. May want to check.
Possible, but I've had ones come dead as well as one with a cracked tab, they're pretty flimsy and if the drive is roughly handled it can happen.
I'm up to 20 of these purchased the past couple of years.

BlueFox

Legendary Member Spam Hunter Extraordinaire
Oct 26, 2015
I'm curious about this ebay seller. Seems to have a lot of white label WD80EZAZ's, selling as claimed New but no box, $122 with free shipping. Photo doesn't show a factory seal sticker on the bag. Someone shucking and shrinkwrapping? Can't see the margin in that. Anyway:

Western Digital 8TB 3.5" SATA 6GB/s 5400RPM 256MB Cache - WD80EZAZ OEM
While I can't speak as to the profitability, it's really easy to seal an anti-static bag like that with a kitchen vacuum sealer. I frequently do it myself.

Schoondoggy

Apr 26, 2017
I'm curious about this ebay seller. Seems to have a lot of white label WD80EZAZ's, selling as claimed New but no box, $122 with free shipping. Photo doesn't show a factory seal sticker on the bag. Someone shucking and shrinkwrapping? Can't see the margin in that. Anyway:

In the title of the ad, they are listed as OEM. If they are OEM drives they are likely new, but may not have any warranty. Generally, warranty on OEM drives is between the original purchaser and WD. If the eBay seller bought them from WD, or an authorized WD distributor, then they would need to process the warranty.

josh

Oct 21, 2013

Maybe I should just buy these instead of going through the trouble with shucking? Not like the drives would fail within the first 2 years anyway? Thoughts?

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Maybe I should just buy these instead of going through the trouble with shucking? Not like the drives would fail within the first 2 years anyway? Thoughts?
You could, but I'd verify the source of the drives first.

Reactions: Almighty

Spartacus

May 27, 2019
Austin, TX
You say that, but one of the 17 drives I have started reporting bad blocks today (running an extended test currently on it) its only just over a year old.