8TB & 10TB HGST Ultrastar SAS Drives ($85/$125)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

myrison

Jan 26, 2011
Heck of a deal on drives on Reddit if you move quickly. Make sure to use the promo code HOMELAB4KN when you check out if you buy any.

Note from seller:

Note about reports in the gallery: All the 8TB's I have tested are essentially new and have just been wiped, some might have varying usage but all 100 have already been tested to confirm similar statistics. The 10TB's on the other hand are already bagged and ready to ship, so they might have usage up to about 1 year.
Data sheet for the drives

cdru

Oct 27, 2018
Do I get more 8 TBs and have more power usage or wait for 14 / 16 TB.. x_x
In late 1947, John Bardeen and Walter Brattain were working with experiments to create the first point-contact transistor at AT&T's Bell Labs. Below is an actual transcript of the historical moment:

John Bardeen: We did it! It works! Can you believe it Walter?!?

Walter Brattain: It's amazing. This is going to revolutionize the world.

John Bardeen: What do you think we should do? Tell the boss now? Or wait until v2? Prices are already dropping and the power consumption will be less...
70+ years later, we're still asking the same question...

b3nno

Jul 17, 2017
I bought some, but seller still hasn't shipped the drives, 5 days later. Anyone else got theirs shipped?

b3nno

Jul 17, 2017
I emailed the store, and they said shipment was delayed due to the fact it was an international order, so they had to wait for the payment to clear before the disks were sent.

sergi0

Dec 4, 2016
I asked a for a price quotation on the disk to have some shipped to FR, but not answer... At the time there was plenty of 8 and 10tb...
Next time !