810 Watt Cyberpower Pure Sine Wave

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

pricklypunter

Nov 10, 2015
Canada
Looks like orderly shutdown on host only via HID USB, there are drivers/ management software available for both Windows and Linux. If you plan on using this for anything server/ virtualisation related though, I would look for something with good Ethernet support and appropriate management software. There are various reviews of it on the 'tube and from what I have seen, the output looks pretty clean even under duress, so it's not a bad personal use UPS for the money :)

Reactions: Son of Homer

Son of Homer

May 9, 2016
Looks like orderly shutdown on host only via HID USB, there are drivers/ management software available for both Windows and Linux. If you plan on using this for anything server/ virtualisation related though, I would look for something with good Ethernet support and appropriate management software. There are various reviews of it on the 'tube and from what I have seen, the output looks pretty clean even under duress, so it's not a bad personal use UPS for the money :)
UPS for the server is one of those less glamorous items I keep putting off. Thanks for the info on what to look for when used for a server.

Mark Bradley

Feb 21, 2015
Virginia
I use two of the 1500 pure sine UPSes where each one is dedicated to a power supply on the SC846. Like @Son of Homer said, this isn't glamorous but it works well enough. Would appreciate anyone telling me about flaws with this approach.