EU 80 thread server (HP DL580 G7) going for under 900€

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Patriot

Apr 18, 2011
That architecture scaled terribly... westmere at 80 thread is kinda ... kinda gonna get dominated by a g34 setup with 48 cores, or a v3 with 32c/64t.

Citation, I had a BL680 with 4x E7-4870s and a 4p amd box, and now a 2p 2699v4 box...
You are better off with a 2p e5 v3/v4. Sorry if I burst your bubble.

hakabe

Jul 6, 2016
I think with 800 euros 2p E5 V3/V4 setup is just another wet dream. I just bought 2xE5-2680 v1's for 220 euros and I'll go from there. It's just for a home lab experiment. Prolly getting a DL360 or 380p or similar.

Sable

Active Horse
Oct 19, 2016
Thing is, for close to the same price you can have a 4 node with E5-2650s, having a 64 core 128 thread server and a ton more ram to use.

If i see user PC - Sistem i always instantly assume its a bad deal. They bid and offer on their own items to drive the price up.

Reactions: hakabe

_alex

Jan 28, 2016
Bavaria / Germany
personally, i wouldn't touch anything used/refurbished from HP at all. i like when chassis/psu survive several CPU generations, and also appreciate fw and BIOS Updates without beeing under support contract with the vendor.

hakabe

Jul 6, 2016
If i see user PC - Sistem i always instantly assume its a bad deal. They bid and offer on their own items to drive the price up.
Exactly! Nice to see that others have noticed it as well. I actually confronted the seller last year:
"Dear Sir,
Please watch your words before bring us such claims as "using multiples accounts" we have a lot of customers like that. They are not obliged to give us feedbacks back. If you want to buy something from our store, you can offer your offer it's fixe price there when you see fixe price you can offer your price on these products.
Thank you.
Well, that was me just being friendly when putting the LEGO's together as there were these weird bidders competing against me - bidders whose bid history is purely 100% based on PC - sistem's listings - and yet "they" have won several items earlier, but no feedback was given to PC - Sistem - ever (I guess a feedback obligates PC - Sistem to pay the eBay fee?).

But heck - who would self-criminate himself?

Naturally, I've reported these incidents (60+ and counting), but I guess the user reporting needs more volume - or maybe eBay has ruled out that they're legitimate. Better just to ignore the firm and keep on wearing my tin hat.

Sable

Active Horse
Oct 19, 2016
You cannot give feedback for an unpaid item. The seller can give feedback but the buyer can only do this when he has paid for the item.

hakabe

Jul 6, 2016
You cannot give feedback for an unpaid item. The seller can give feedback but the buyer can only do this when he has paid for the item.
Not talking about feedback - but reporting the item (Report item -> Listing practices -> Fraudulent listing activities -> Seller is using other accounts to inflate item price).