7.68TB INTEL SSD D4502 Series DC NVME U.2 $699

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix92471

Jun 17, 2020
ok ... i come from the POV that intel would want their name to be upheld by having a drive function . no mater what...

i get it now that there are some of these drives , that dont have web pages dedicated to them, because they are limited production or "engineering samples" .....

that is good to know....hmm.. "Sandisk and Western Digital is the same company " i guess it is all about branding...

the Micron 5210 7.68tb SATA is QLC ..... i have read all kinds of negative info about QLC

i want to replace my 2 & 4 TB HDD's with SSD's ...... so the most important things to me are...that what crystal disk mark says it can do, eample, 100 read/Write on the HDD and 500 (MB's or Mb's) R/W on the sata SSD .. that i see near those speeds ,. when i drag and drop, (copy files via windows explorer) , from one drive to the other.... i want that to happen As Fast as possible .... copying / moving Folders with 100's of gigs, hash verification and parity creation/checking, cloning for moving drives to larger dives..

the usual tech stuff for the home user..

edited**
I am considering the Micron 5210 7.68tb SATA ... Because of QLC slow write endurance. i am unsure. i need consistency i can trust. (no slow down while moving data To or From)..... sorry...

thank you so much

i will get it out today.....

there was no permanent damage.. i plugged it in one more time. and shift deleted what had copied to it....

. i did not have mailing supplies..

hopefully it is my system that did not like it...

i am still on amd fx-8370 pcie 2.0,
Asus Croshair V Formula Z

working towards upgrading, but first i want HDD's out & SSD's in

it would seem that at least ebay is making it easy to return... (shipping label)...

Last edited:

Scott Laird

Aug 30, 2014
FWIW, I have two of these from the same sale, in an ASUS RS500A-E10-RS12 (man that just rolls off the tongue) 1U Epyc server. One is currently at 38C and the other is at 39C. Probably hotter than I really want them long-term, but the ambient temp in my garage is really high right now, so not really the drive or system's fault.

Oddly, smartctl says that the drive's temperature warning threshold is -209C. You know that a drive runs hot when bathing it in liquid nitrogen still isn't enough to get it down below its overheat threshold ;-).

• Haha
Reactions: Phoenix92471

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
Sabrent makes a 8 TB Rocket Q for $1500........................... oh................
People here have tried to help you, and let you know you're not comparing apples to apples.

It's like comparing a Honda Civic to a Ferrari and saying you didn't know you'd burn the tires off if you gave it gas.... these things have that much more performance and draw that mcuh more power over consumer drives this is a legit comparison.

If you have questions about drives please post them in the correct sub-forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.