EU 6TB HGST Helium SAS Drives <£79

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Stereodude

Feb 21, 2016
USA
Are these really a deal? In the US you can get new HGST/WD 12TB SAS 12Gbs He 7200RPM drives for $330. That's ~3x as much for new drives that are double the capacity.

Reactions: Samir

Mishka

Apr 30, 2017
London, UK
Are these really a deal? In the US you can get new HGST/WD 12TB SAS 12Gbs He 7200RPM drives for $330. That's ~3x as much for new drives that are double the capacity.
12TB SAS Drives seem to go for about £200-250 in the UK so £20 a TB vs these being £13 a TB, UK prices and in general EU are higher than US too.

Reactions: Samir

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
I'm guessing prices are higher because the products can't be as crappy as what we seem to get in the US. Even when I was working at LG, the US market got all the made in mexico tvs while the rest of the world's supply came straight from korea. Even the auto makers do it. :(

bob_dvb

Sep 7, 2018
Not quite London
www.orbit.me.uk
I'm guessing prices are higher because the products can't be as crappy as what we seem to get in the US. Even when I was working at LG, the US market got all the made in mexico tvs while the rest of the world's supply came straight from korea. Even the auto makers do it. :(
Most European sold TVs are made in Europe or Turkey. Actually, most factories for bulky consumer electronics are just assembly plants, the products are sent as "SKD" kits from China and Korea.

I worked in CE for 10 years with some big names.

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Most European sold TVs are made in Europe or Turkey. Actually, most factories for bulky consumer electronics are just assembly plants, the products are sent as "SKD" kits from China and Korea.

I worked in CE for 10 years with some big names.
And for some reason the quality is better, at least back when I would visit Europe enough. It's been a decade or so, so things could have changed...

Nimesh Bhundia

Feb 11, 2018
I spotted this auction and have been tempted. The price isn't bad by UK standards.

I'm thinking to get one to see if it will work in my unas case. Not sure if the bays will support was, my controller does.

gb00s

Jul 25, 2018
Poland
I'm guessing prices are higher because the products can't be as crappy as what we seem to get in the US. .....
No, prices are higher because buying for EUropeans in US with high delivery + VAT + X .... Well, in some cases buying in EU is cheaper then.