$699.99 for 7.68TB ($91/TB) U.2 2.5" NVMe Water Panther Expanse SAN SSD

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

bilbo1337

Sep 18, 2020
Florida
Not much info in terms of specs but it has to be a somewhat newer NVMe spec at this capacity. Just at a price per GB standpoint, it's not bad at all.

WP Expanse 7.68TB eNAND 512e PCIe Gen3 x4 NVMe U.2 2.5-inch SSD | ECC PLP 1DWPD | Enterprise Data Center SAN Solid State Drive - WECP5S310768S
Link: U.2 NVMe SSD

Reactions: Samir

EasyRhino

Aug 6, 2019
yeah.. I don't think these guys really have much of a reputation. They are reselling drives from other manufacturers. And I haven't anecdotally seen anyone with personal RMA experience with them.

instead we get stuff like this:

(1) Be wary of WP Arsenal drives.. u/WaterPantherStorage deleted his account after being asked basic questions about the product. : DataHoarder (reddit.com)

Water Panther drives? - Storage Devices and Controllers - Unraid

mean... has anyone ever actually been through the water panther rma process?

I might do a flier on a really cheap drive, but not 800 bucks.

EasyRhino

Aug 6, 2019
What it if fails after a year?

Not knocking you personally for posting it. Who knows maybe someone will have useful experience

malloot

Oct 24, 2013
What it if fails after a year?

Not knocking you personally for posting it. Who knows maybe someone will have useful experience

No affiliation with the site whatsoever. But they do seem to be an actual company and have a 2 year replacement policy. I understand that you are skeptic, and I really don't like this approach better then just reselling the actual drives with the manufacturer label and type on it. But I guess there are reasons why its done like this.

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
I mean.. it's Amazon, so worst comes to worst even if it looks funny you can return basically anything lol
I actually had horrible experiences with Amazon (DE) this year. They claimed not receiving parcels (despite tracking proving differently) or wrong item being sent ( without any proof, no picture, nothing. The item i sent was immediately 'destroyed', no option to at least get it back).
Complaints have been rejected, no dispute allowed, no escalation possible:(

Closed my Amazon account after 20 years after this, o/c they didn't care (didn't expect them to).

• Wow
Reactions: nev_neo and Samir

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
I actually had horrible experiences with Amazon (DE) this year. They claimed not receiving parcels (despite tracking proving differently) or wrong item being sent ( without any proof, no picture, nothing. The item i sent was immediately 'destroyed', no option to at least get it back).
Complaints have been rejected, no dispute allowed, no escalation possible:(

Closed my Amazon account after 20 years after this, o/c they didn't care (didn't expect them to).
That's horrible. Was this water panther selling via Amazon? Or just using Amazon's fulfillment?