6805/6805Q

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Truckin

Jun 4, 2021
Currently we have a Adaptec 6805/6805Q RAID controller card install in our Windows server 2019 system, but we would like to upgrade this to something that is a little more user-friendly and software up-to-date. However, we don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on the upgrade either.....any suggestions on a good upgrade for this model?

j_h_o

Apr 21, 2015
California, US
Reactions: Bert

Truckin

Jun 4, 2021
Yes, open to rebuilding the array for sure. Yeah we would like to move aware from Adaptec...
However, the listed replacement "Intel RSP3DD080F" is not in our budget and the seller would not go within our budget. So, any other ideas on a suitable replacement? We really don't want to go over the $100 range at this time.

i386

Mar 18, 2016
Germany
It's possble to import a raid from the series 6 adapters on a series 8 raid controller (not to the newer smartraid controllers!).
But adaptec uses the same ui, even for their newest controllers and with a budget of 100$ you probably won't find any series 8 controllers...

Truckin

Jun 4, 2021
Well, we have been looking into moving to Software ZFS based raid so perhaps something like

Might be an option in order to do that? Since we have to rebuild the raid anyway it might be a good time to switch over to ZFS.

Truckin

Jun 4, 2021
Didn't clarify that sorry....We would convert it to TrueNAS....wouldn't have a choice. however, not sure that move is a good idea for a RAID 6 setup with approx. 25TB of disks....which is why I am trying to get some advice on what to do...

j_h_o

Apr 21, 2015
California, US
This thread was asking about a replacement controller for your Adaptec RAID controller, on Windows Server 2019.

I suggest you post a new thread about alternative storage options, OS, etc. since none of that was mentioned in your original question.

Truckin

Jun 4, 2021
Sorry,
It was and is, but since other options were mentioned I provided details on that subject.