6 Months of Free Pluralsight provided by Microsoft

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Dajinn

Jun 2, 2015
Got in on it, thanks!

Anyone know if these courses are enough to prepare you for MCSE exams or should they be combined with books and other material?

CreoleLakerFan

Oct 29, 2013
Got in on it, thanks!

Anyone know if these courses are enough to prepare you for MCSE exams or should they be combined with books and other material?
Combine with books and other material. I had a PluralSight subscription for the past year. I was using it to study for my VCP. In my experience, their courses are good for an introduction to basic concepts on a subject, but you need to supplement with a lot of additional material to be prepared for a certification exam.

I feel the CBT Nuggets subscription is better for preparing for certification. It is more expensive at $90 vs $49 monthly, and much more expensive at $90 vs. free for six months. I have a couple of SANS certs I am working on via vLive and On-Demand - once I'm done with these I am going to subscribe to CBT Nuggets finish my VCP, resume my Cisco cert progress and get some Juniper training.

push3r

Feb 19, 2015
Actually, all you need is just go to the main Thread URL you want and copy/paste it to Feedly or whatever reader you use and it will let you add the RSS feed.

Reactions: NetWise

CreoleLakerFan

Oct 29, 2013
I dug through the library again ... PluralSight may be worth another look. I had disabled my auto-renew, but I gave it one more month to dig into some courses. Unfortunately I am not eligible for the free subscription since I already have an account.

It seems to be that you need to purchase the full year subscription to CBT Nuggets to have the offline viewing option, whereas Pluralsight provides that to you with the monthly plus option at $49.99. I am flying across country this weekend and wanted to use the travel time to study - seems like I'd have to shell out the full $1000 (996) for CBT Nuggets to download courses onto my tablet.

CreoleLakerFan

Oct 29, 2013
I ended up going with CBT Nuggets and will cancel Pluralsight. The Pluralsight mobile client requires an active Internet connection to view local content, rendering it unsuitable for offline viewing in the scenario above (studying in-flight).

Seems rather stupid. I validated that CBTNuggets offline content works while in airplane mode. Have a flight from VA to CA on Sunday, will report on any issues.