566 Nas chassis! perfect!

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

nasmaker

Sep 4, 2021
I hava several nas chassis,one is Micro server gen8 ,the chassis is very small,and I hava mod this chasssis to diy itx motherboard。but it is so small that there is not enough space to expand more other hardwares!
Later, I found lots of chassis, including Hp ml110 gen8,this chassis hava a 9cm fan to fit the eights hard drivers thermal,I am not satisfied。 So it was difficult to meet my silence demands and expansion requirements. I have asked a lot of people, in fact, many people have encountered the same problem on home nas diy chassis。

Now ,I hava DIYed a chassis that hava been closed to my main requirements。

56CADEECB8A2C4F5879AF813CEA972FF.jpg
The front panel。The blow show the thickness is 8mm
4F2AE999C862A86DE353B0371061DB40.jpg
Use dell's hard driver bays
5DAD103EAE2CC4650494656FBF14B907.jpg
The io shield and pcie 。The power suppyl is 1u psu,two 12cm fans for 10 hard drivers。
81FF4ED3C31D07F855BE6F73B7B7556C.jpg
The backplane,support U.2(pcie),SAS,Sata。The led's of bays will normally work where drive access and drive idle
QQ20210904-0.jpg
The up floor,three 8cm fans for motherboard heat dissipation。

Now the diy nas has been running as my main storage server,if you hava any good idea for this nas make,please contact me the forums message box。Thanks

if you also want to own this case,contact me。

Last edited:

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Cool. How big of a motherboard does it take? 10x NVMe is 40x PCIe lanes so that is hard to do in mITX.

DavidRa

Infrastructure Architect
Aug 3, 2015
Central Coast of NSW
www.pdconsec.net
Last edited:
Reactions: nasmaker

zack$

Aug 16, 2018
This is an excellent design as, from the pictures, the MB sits untop of the drivecage and PSU permitting better airflow for the drives and MB.

7x low profile pcie slots is also very nice...Wonder if there is space for a double width full height pcie slot below?

nasmaker

Sep 4, 2021
Holy crap that's almost exactly what I designed for myself a couple of years back (with roughly the same idea/criteria). Right down to the two large fans and the 8-10 drives (I would have to go find my "design" to see what's different). Kudos for making it.

Edit: I'm bloody old it was more than 5 years ago - https://forums.servethehome.com/ind...s-case-thread-matx-low-profile-10-drive.8076/. Ugh!
Thanks for your reply!I was amazend when I saw your work. But it's the first time I've seen it. My main inspiration comes from u-nas 810a, LIANLI chassis v385, etc. Praise your innovation 5 years ago!

nasmaker

Sep 4, 2021
This is an excellent design as, from the pictures, the MB sits untop of the drivecage and PSU permitting better airflow for the drives and MB.

7x low profile pcie slots is also very nice...Wonder if there is space for a double width full height pcie slot below?

==============
Wonder if there is space for a double width full height pcie slot below?
===========
No,The hardware of nas normally is server's part,so.....