$509.90 - Ubiquiti Networks US-16-XG 10G 16-Port Managed Aggregation Switch

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

nitrobass24

Dec 26, 2010
TX
Been doing my own reading on the UBNT forums, clearly lots of compatibility issues, especially on the base-T side of the house.
Here is a good thread for SFP/DAC compatibility, hope this helps some people. Ubiquiti Account

You will need a UBNT account to view it since its in their beta forum.

nev_neo

Jul 31, 2013
Hunk o Junk.
Tried the Edgeswitch version when it first came out..didnt work with the cables I had.
Bought the beta version of the US-16-XG..now cables work sometimes and randomly fail other times.
now that they have a working beta for the ES-16 version..we just have to wait another year for the beta to trickle down to the US-16 version

wildchild

Feb 4, 2014
And once mor, been running the unifi's for a couple of months now as l2 ISCSI storage fabrics without incident, using sub 2 meter dacs without any issues, so your conclussion hunk-a-junk is a little far fetched..
Maybe next time reading knoen limitation would be a plan ?

Reactions: Aestr and StevenDTX

PigLover

Jan 26, 2011
The Alpha firmware fixes some of the issues with DACs, but it only partly fixes the 10G-base-T issues (reported ports 12/13 but not on 14/15, and even that is spotty...). Miles to go still.

wildchild

Feb 4, 2014
12/13 arent they the stacking ports ?
Remember reading something about them, but as i use dacs only wasnt paying attention :)
At least there's some real progress, and they are getting the unifi line up to the edge line faster than i expected

nev_neo

Jul 31, 2013
They only took ~6 months to fix this problem....err.. half fix this problem.
I'm happy that I _atleast_ have 2 working ports now.

And no, it was not a known limitation regarding the Base-T ports not working. At-least not at the time I picked it up at ~$300.
I still think they're doing a shoddy job of it. Wouldn't buy it again.
Ah well..beta is beta.. even if its released as GA.

nev_neo

Jul 31, 2013
If you bought it for $300...you knew, quite well, that you bought a BETA product! You should have made yourself aware of the "limitations."
True, but we're talking about a $500+ device that has the same "limitations".
I really wanted this product to work from the get go, but they started selling a "beta" product as a final product. That ain't right.